fbpx

Grab bag red foxes?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Grab bag red foxes?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    fatalbeauty
    Participant

Etruscan has a good point. There are people who get 1 grab per batch so they end up with 2-3 depending on the number of batches and other people who get zero. Based on the sales from the early batches where it was just one batch, if they didn’t sell out at 1 per person they sold out very quickly once the limit had been lifted.

there was a lot less people back then when the early batches came out, we had DA people sometimes if Melody told them but back then it was a much smaller group of users….now with facebook, there’s a big influx of people, good for Windstone though…anyhoo, I like several batches better, I like being able to get a safari and not a giraffe or a horse/etc which I wouldn’t have wanted, makes it much easier to get what you want….

4 things I'm looking for:
      1. Mother Meerkat
      2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
      3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
      4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Megan
      Participant

I also like the idea of a “one item per person” limit rather than a “one item from each batch” limit with the rate that things have been selling out so fast lately. Seems like a fairer way to try to help more people get at least one GB (if ‘fair’ as a concept can even be applied to something where the end goal, really, is just for Windstone and their employees to make a profit). But maybe, since all the young Poads will be spring-themed, there won’t be a need for multiple batches?

Either way, I’m really looking forward to seeing them! Spring colors are so bright and cheerful 🙂

tig3r06
        Participant

Etruscan has a good point. There are people who get 1 grab per batch so they end up with 2-3 depending on the number of batches and other people who get zero. Based on the sales from the early batches where it was just one batch, if they didn’t sell out at 1 per person they sold out very quickly once the limit had been lifted.

there was a lot less people back then when the early batches came out, we had DA people sometimes if Melody told them but back then it was a much smaller group of users….now with facebook, there’s a big influx of people, good for Windstone though…anyhoo, I like several batches better, I like being able to get a safari and not a giraffe or a horse/etc which I wouldn’t have wanted, makes it much easier to get what you want….

I like to be at least guaranteed some sort of giraffe, and then work out trades for safari.
          I agree with fatalbeauty, alot more people now compared to older grab bags since the kickstarter and facebook, so no matter how the batches are split I feel they’re gonna sell out fast. You have to be fast, unfortunately, like within minutes of launch to maybe get one. I do understand not everyone has the opportunity to be glued to your email, but that’s really what you have to do with how many new collector’s there are. And that still doesn’t guarantee one. For the grab bag baby pegs, I was at my cart when the site started to crash and I had to fight a few times to get it to go through, and I was at the beginning of when they launched. It’s crazy how we crash the site.

tig3r06
          Participant

We found the good molds, the ones with eyes that fit, so we will cast more. I usually have 120 in a gb batch.

Everyone who loves the poads will be so happy! Thank you Melody 💚

LZ
            Participant

So what will happen to the two large fox batches?

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

BigCatKeeper
              Participant

I believe that both Etruscan and FatalBeauty are correct. I do think breaking it down into smaller groups makes them sell out faster but I also agree that the new collectors are contributing to the quick sells. I am still partial to smaller groups, but I do like the suggestion of one item per release, regardless of groups. I believe the last time that was done with the sitting oris?

Ela_Hara
                Participant

I agree – I’ve always felt it was fairer for multiple-batch and single-batch Grab Bag releases to have an Initial Limit of one per person for the entire Grab Bag so that everyone who wants one could have the chance of getting one. That’s how it used to be. I know this won’t be popular with everyone, but it did give some of us who can’t sit and wait with their finger on the computer trigger for GBs to drop or to continue to stare and wait 40+ minutes for GBs to jump out of carts, to be able to maybe get a Grab Bag an hour or two after they hit the store and we could get online. Then Windstone would lift the one per person limit after the initial rush, which was usually 3 days or so, making more Grab Bags available to those that wanted more.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                  Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                  Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                  *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

tig3r06
                  Participant

The thing about it is, I don’t feel there is going to be a 3 days or so wait for limits to be lifted like before. It is not like it was before. Susie mentioned somewhere that production stuff had sat in the store for months or years and production stuff now sells out in hours or days. I greatly feel grab bags are still going to sell out super fast with how many newbies there are. I saw many people on facebook that missed out, and I’m sure there are many here, on facebook, or not on facebook that didn’t voice they missed out.
                    I completely understand wanting it to be like before. I mean, I wish it was too because I liked being able to buy as many as I wanted when the limit lifted, but Windstone also needs more collectors for business, so with more people, things sell quicker.

Ela_Hara
                    Participant

The point is that I’m trying to make is it’s fairer in my opinion for everyone to have a chance to get at least one to begin with, per a release. Of course there may be more people wanting a sculpt than there are quantities but I feel 80 people getting a chance for one GB piece is fairer than 40 or so getting two pieces and 40 or so getting shut out, if we use the recent peg batches as an example.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

tig3r06
                      Participant

Thank you for explaining your point further. The previous post focused on not being able to wait to be notified or wait for one to drop out of a cart, which I feel will not be fixed by limiting batches further. I do agree that limiting batches further does increase the number of people to possibly get one, but doesn’t necessarily mean it would increase the time available to try for one.

fatalbeauty
                        Participant

yep, I agree that limiting won’t really make them last longer, there’s a ton more users than there used to be, Facebook alone has drawn in a lot more users lately, just watching the normal stuff going in an instant shows how many more are here for the same things….we aren’t the small group of users anymore, limiting more won’t really keeps things in the store longer….

4 things I'm looking for:
                          1. Mother Meerkat
                          2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                          3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                          4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Bodine
                          Participant

Tougher for us,we were a bit spoiled,great news for Ms.Melody and Windstone though!😁

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                            Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

tig3r06
                            Participant

It’s the number of people going for them at the same time that causes the store to crash. Unfortunately, whether it’s 120 or 150, it isn’t going to matter if everyone is trying to get one at the same time. If 200 people want one, then you can’t wait, you need to try to grab one right when they launch.

merrillannwhite
                              Participant

It’s the number of people going for them at the same time that causes the store to crash. Unfortunately, whether it’s 120 or 150, it isn’t going to matter if everyone is trying to get one at the same time. If 200 people want one, then you can’t wait, you need to try to grab one right when they launch.

This is what happens. If the limit was made 1 per person for the entire grab bag rather than per batch, more people could get one, but we’d still have to fight through crashing the store.😝

etruscan
                                Participant

This is what happens. If the limit was made 1 per person for the entire grab bag rather than per batch, more people could get one, but we’d still have to fight through crashing the store.😝

That’s true, but a larger batch and one-per-person might mean that there still are some Grab Bags in the store after the initial chaos. Then people wouldn’t have to be so worried about snatching one as soon as they are available.

Or, of course, the store price could just be set at $750.00 for a small Grab Bag piece (the size of a young Poad or a fox or a baby unicorn) and $1000.00 for a larger one like a Young Unicorn. That should slow down the speed at which they disappear.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.