fbpx

Grab bag red foxes?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Grab bag red foxes?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    LZ
    Participant

Something happy and cheerful similar to this?

diadecat

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

dragonmedley
      Participant

I was thinking of the winter poads too!

I’d go for young poads… Colourful ones!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Melody
        Keymaster

But what about the eye situation for Poads?

How about spring-y fantasy foxes? Bright florals on white or something?

I have about 80 young poads™ that seem like somebody fixed the eyes on them. I tested a couple and the eyes fit perfectly. I guess I should test every one of them… I prefer to have 120 or so grabbags items in a batch, but we are so behind on castings right now that’s what I got to work with. Or foxes, or pebble dragons. Or work on the book.

Melody
          Keymaster

What happened with the winter poads? Are they still waiting for eyes?

Fantasy foxes would be neat. A store batch of sitting red foxes in red fox color would be nice too.

Are the red fox casts you have available sitting or curled?

Yes, they need eyeballs. They take 11mm eyes. We are having an 11mm eyeball shortage. That is the size we need for many of the dragons, so I didn’t want to use them all up on Poads™. We (with luck) WILL be getting a supply of 11mm eyes in a few months, so the winter poads may come out in summer!

Melody
            Keymaster

Yes – what’s happening with the Winter Adult Poad eye situation?
              Young Poads sound nice too.

John has been working with a glass company to custom cast the 11 mm eyes for us. It isn’t a standard size. It is complicated. With luck, we should have a supply of 11mm eyes by summer!

Nightcrow
              Participant

Thanks for the update, Melody! That’s very interesting about the 11-mm eyes being hard to obtain. I hope that the glass company and John are able to work something out! (Maybe this means new colors, too? Eventually?) 🙂

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

LZ
                Participant

11mm must have been easier to obtain in the past, if a good number of sculpts require it?

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

pipsxlch
                  Participant

Windstone used to make their own eyes.

etruscan
                    Participant

Did they make the eyes, or just add color to blanks that they got from someplace else?

dragonmedley
                      Participant

I think they used to make the eyes, not just paint them.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

merrillannwhite
                        Participant

Are the pebble dragons rising or laying loafs? Easter egg laying loafs would be fun too. Or spring colors in either. (Maybe with flowers?)

sherry10151982
                          Participant

I don’t have any pebble dragons so I’d like to see more of those! Painted in egg colors would be cute especially in the loaf dragons!

Melody
                            Keymaster

Windstone used to make their own eyes.

We just paint and fire the eyes. We bought the blanks from a supplier that no longer has that size, so John needed to find a manufacturer that was willing to make a mold and produce them.

Melody
                              Keymaster

Are the pebble dragons rising or laying loafs? Easter egg laying loafs would be fun too. Or spring colors in either. (Maybe with flowers?)

Both

Melody
                                Keymaster

I think they used to make the eyes, not just paint them.

No, unfortunately we never made the glass blanks. We paint them with glass paint and fire them.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.