Grab Bag Dragon Pics on FB

Home Forums Windstone Editions Grab Bags Grab Bag Dragon Pics on FB

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    phantomess
    Participant

Existing businesses can use kickstarter to fund new efforts – like the costs to start up a new line of sculpts or other new product lines.

Still not sure what it is though… does it mean they’ll be sold for high prices on e-bay? I’ll try googling kickstarter.

Edit: Ok I discovered there’s a website called kickstarter, seems to basically be a fundraising website. I’m still pretty confused as to what that has to do with these dragons which are already made- but oh well, it’s probably not even any of my business at this point anyway!

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

OMGOMGOMGOMG NEEDNEEDNEED!!!! Wow i’ve been waiting for these!! I was going to spend some christmas money but now i will wait now I know these guys are on their way! XD *super squees*
      (My boyfriend is wondering what all the high pitched squeals are about….)

Chloe
      Participant

OLD BROWN SECRET KEEPER!!!! WoW!!!! Yes, I love the GB dragons bunches and bunches but that secret keeper is just a dream come true…..My, oh, my…..

Dandr13
        Participant

What is a kickstarter?

I second this question. I thought kickstarter was for funding ideas and business ventures, how would it be used for GB dragons?

Existing businesses can use kickstarter to fund new efforts – like the costs to start up a new line of sculpts or other new product lines.

That’s kind of a cool idea. I would kick in some money to help fund new sculpts, or fund a way to fix the horn shortage.

pipsxlch
          Participant

I’, with Phantomess et.al. on not understanding the kickstarter. I also have yet to get any grab bags, as I don’t collect the hoofers and am waiting to try a poad until/unless money is more secure. For the dragons, I might have to see if there’s a way to swing one. I like ‘natural’ colors best usually and don’t know if there’ll be any, but that one behind the circled one might go with emerald- hard to tell. The teal-ish one on the paper looks worth a closer look too. Actually hoping there’s something like old green or emerald enough to match those families, but am willing to fall in love with something else.
            OMG that brown SK, she’s stunning. Wears the color very well.
            Does she mean there may one day be hope for an old green SK?

Kiya
            Participant

I don’t think the kickstarter, if there is one, would be FOR making the grab bag dragons. It would be to fund some other ideas, but with grab bag dragons as potentially one of the reward tiers. I think Windstone has some ideas on a few new things they’d like to try out. I dunno though, John wasn’t sure if he was still going to try to do one or not.

In regards to old green – we’ve seen some of the new sculpts come out in old brown, but nothing in old green yet. I’m not sure if they have any of the old green paint left or a way to replicate it. 🙁

Mercury Star
              Participant

Wowow, there are several Grab Bag Dragons in those pictures that I wouldn’t mind adding to my collection, hope that when they pop up I can manage to snag one.

How much I wish I could afford an SK, though I have no clue what color I prefer on her… she does look very gorgeous in the Old Brown color, that is for sure.

pipsxlch
                Participant

So this works kind of like the PBS fund drives? – Donate $75 or more and get a coffee cup, donate $150 or more and get the coffee cup AND an umbrella, donate $200 or more and get the mug, the umbrella AND a CD, while supplies last? example- Only with Windstone things and undetermined donation points, with the monies raised going to help fund new ideas, new machinery or methods or materials at the factory, whatever it’s set up for? Would this be announced here, for those of us who aren’t on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram etc.? Would there be any forewarning so that those of us who don’t have smartphones or constant connections could have someone watch for us?

Yeah, there’s nothing beyond the original family 5, the fledge and the curl in old green :cry:. There was talk of doing the hatching royalty but it didn’t happen. Golden does make just about perfect matches for the yellow green and dark green, though I don’t know if they sell commercial or that Windstone would use them or even want to get commercial volumes of retired colors for what would be limited runs. Just wishful thinking.

Kiya
                  Participant

Kickstarters run for usually 15-30 days, though sometimes there are limited awards available at each tier.

So, IF one ends up happening, everyone should have plenty of notice, but you’ll likely have to pledge early to get the reward( s ) you want.

I’d recommend looking at Kickstarter’s website for more information – it’s only sort of like a PBS drive. It has to be for a “project” of some time (with a specific start/end that produces something – a work of art, a food item, a game, etc).

etruscan
                    Participant

Yeah, there’s nothing beyond the original family 5, the fledge and the curl in old green :cry:. There was talk of doing the hatching royalty but it didn’t happen. Golden does make just about perfect matches for the yellow green and dark green, though I don’t know if they sell commercial or that Windstone would use them or even want to get commercial volumes of retired colors for what would be limited runs. Just wishful thinking.

When I asked about Risers in Old Green, Melody said “Maybe” so don’t give up hope for more sculpts painted in that color! They have enough of one green in stock (the dark green maybe?) and would need to approximate the other.

Azurielle
                      Participant

Oh…a Siamese looking one…right there in the back….sigh

Keeper of the Fledgings

Falcolf
                        Participant

Ah man… if only I had disposable income right now and a place of my own… then it would be no question of my getting one of these! (Might still happen… maybe! They’re so cool!)

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Kelsey
                          Participant

Will there be a Grab Bag Dragon parade?

Bodine
                            Participant

….and/or perhaps a live stream?

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                              (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                              Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Lesley
                              Participant

I’m waiting anxiously for the kickstarter. I’m all over that site! My fingers are twitching in anticipation at clicking that pledge button!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 94 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.