fbpx

Game of Thrones

Home Forums Miscellany Community Game of Thrones

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Kelly
    Participant

I am watching the series and enjoy it. I agree the cast is very good and production quality is nice. After watching two episodes, I did a bit of research and found out about the books. I just picked up book one and hopefully I’ll enjoy it. I haven’t read a good fantasy book in a while. What I do like is the author is a producer and director in the series. Which to me says he’ll have some creative control. Anyone have any good reads they recomend?

etruscan
      Participant

I am watching the series and enjoy it. I agree the cast is very good and production quality is nice. After watching two episodes, I did a bit of research and found out about the books. I just picked up book one and hopefully I’ll enjoy it. I haven’t read a good fantasy book in a while. What I do like is the author is a producer and director in the series. Which to me says he’ll have some creative control. Anyone have any good reads they recomend?

They are YA books but I have enjoyed two by Sarah Rees Brennan – The Demon’s Lexicon and its sequel The Demon’s Covenant. The third book in the trilogy is due out next month, so I’m waiting (impatiently)!

Hannah
        Participant

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss has been my favorite fantasy to come out in the last 20 years 🙂 I’m a big Robert Jordan fan so I judge almost everything I read by that series >< (hence the 20 year mark lol)

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
          Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Azurielle
          Participant

Depends on the type of fantasy you like. (i’ve read a thousand…literally.) Sprawling epics? Popcorn fantasy? Wordy and intricate? Easy reads? Good characters vs. Good worlds vs. neat magic?

Name of the Wind is good, and new, but qas yet unfinished.
            Fortress in the Eye of Time is my favorite, but very intricate/wordy.
            Black Jewels trilogy is lovely, but dark and very adult.
            The Black Prism is good, with an interesting magic system.
            Carol Berg’s recent books are awesome. The Soul Lens? is a great fantasy mystery story.

Keeper of the Fledgings

Lokie
            Participant

Just a heads up, they have episode 7 on Fancast.com (a free TV and movie viewing site for Comcast cable + internet customers), a full week before its air date on HBO. I was surprised to find it there last night.

Misty
              Participant

If they are going to make a movie of a Peter S. Beagle story, I think I would rather see Tamsin or The Folk of the Air than The Last Unicorn. Opinions, anyone?

I have always wanted them to make some of the pern books into movies, especially since they have the tech to make them look good now! There are tons of fantasy books out there that are wonderful and would make awesome movies/series. At least it would be new, the remakes (though sometimes they are done very well) get a little old. I vote for truely new movies!

Game of thrones has been done well so far I think, but I have not read the books that it is based on. I was thinking about getting them since I have enjoyed the series so far.

Kelly
                Participant

Awesome, thank you for the book advice I’ll check them out. I recommend the books. I’m half way through the first and like it alot. So far, the story line and the series are one and the same. I do find there’s a bit more detail in the book but that goes without saying, who has that kind of budget? 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.