fbpx

Frequently Asked Questions – need your input!

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Frequently Asked Questions – need your input!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Bob

DROGO wrote:

A rarity scale would be nice for the regular production pieces. Perhaps with a star system, like “*” means common, “*****” means ultra rare, or whatever πŸ˜€

I like the idea for a * or something for how rare pieces are!!

Jennifer
      Keymaster

DROGO wrote:

A rarity scale would be nice for the regular production pieces. Perhaps with a star system, like “*” means common, “*****” means ultra rare, or whatever πŸ˜€

The problem with things like this is that you guys tend to know how rare something is better than Windstone does!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

Bob

Nambroth wrote:

DROGO wrote:

The problem with things like this is that you guys tend to know how rare something is better than Windstone does!
          Well you got us there and sometimes Melody and company do not even know something made it out of the factory

dragonmedley
          Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

keschete wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

Nambroth wrote:

As a collector, what are the questions you think should be covered? They should be general Windstone questions, i.e. “What’s the recommended way to clean my Windstones?”. We are not looking for questions like “When will Melody paint the next winged fairy wolf squid in violet peacock?”, since that is very specific and time sensitive. πŸ˜‰

SQUID??? When did we have squids??

Squids? I want one! In Black Emerald Peacock Please! Squeak, Squeak, Squeak!

(Sorry, I had to do it!)
            How did I known that I was opening a BIG can of worms??

Not a can of worms, a can of squids!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Bob

Calamary anyone??

I think the FAQs should be geared towards someone just discovering Windstones, so questions like (and some of these have already been mentioned):

How do I clean my sculpts?
              How do I repair my sculpts?
              How do I pack my Windstone Sculpts?
              Where can I buy more Windstones?
              What are the current colors in production (available in brick & mortar stores)?
              What are the current sculpts in production (available in brick & mortar stores)?
              Who do I contact for customer service?
              Who do I contact if my shipment arrives damaged?
              If my local store doesn’t have an item that I want, who do they contact for special orders?
              Where can I find a history of Windstone Editions?
              Where can I find examples of eye and gem colors for items that I can choose the eye color. (A link in the online store might be handy too.)

Those that have been in the forum awhile know where the links are. Someone that’s new might not always come across the right page. It took me awhile to find the list of Dealers page. The Astral Encyclopedia and the database are a great resource for questions about the individual pieces, retired pieces and prices and links to them should definitely be included.

Mirrako
              Participant

So, is there a link for cleaning Windstones? I need that for one of my peacocks from Ebay… Thanks!

Bob

Mirrako wrote:

So, is there a link for cleaning Windstones? I need that for one of my peacocks from Ebay… Thanks!

there was one once. I KNOW EVERYONE would hurt me but I squirted Windex on a papertowel and wiped it on the Winstone. They came out shiny but then I was told NOT to use something that harsh. since they are all behind glass now it doesn not really matter anymore

Mirrako
                  Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

Mirrako wrote:

there was one once. I KNOW EVERYONE would hurt me but I squirted Windex on a papertowel and wiped it on the Winstone. They came out shiny but then I was told NOT to use something that harsh. since they are all behind glass now it doesn not really matter anymore

My Peacock Emperor has dust and GREASE on him that really needs to come off. (He’s from Ebay, so I didn’t know what to expect…) I don’t want to hurt the finish, but he needs a bath! πŸ˜†

Jennifer
                    Keymaster

Mirrako wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

Mirrako wrote:

My Peacock Emperor has dust and GREASE on him that really needs to come off. (He’s from Ebay, so I didn’t know what to expect…) I don’t want to hurt the finish, but he needs a bath! πŸ˜†

This is one of the things I’ll include in the FAQ, but since you want to know now, here’s what I’d recommend:

Try to remove as much loose dust and dirt with a can of compressed air (available at office supply stores, or in the electronics section of any chain store). Any dust that is being stubborn can usually be worked loose with a clean, dry paintbrush. I have one that has medium to stiff bristles that was sold as a makeup applying brush that works really well, but any clean and dry paintbrush will do.

If you have sticky spots on him, try to gently and carefully work them off with a damp, soft and clean cloth. Avoid any chemical cleaners if possible as they may react with the Windstone’s finish in ways we cannot predict (and may damage it). Let me know if that helps!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                      My art: featherdust.com

For cleaning cloths for these I highly recommend Micro cloths. I got like 6 when I ordered something, and OMG they are the most amazing things! I use mine for cleaning glass as well. They leave no streaks and leave it spotless! Just use a tad of water and it is cleaner then using cleaners! πŸ™‚

here is a link for an idea πŸ™‚
                      http://magicmicrocloth.com/

Mirrako
                      Participant

Nambroth wrote:

Mirrako wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

Mirrako wrote:

This is one of the things I’ll include in the FAQ, but since you want to know now, here’s what I’d recommend:

Try to remove as much loose dust and dirt with a can of compressed air (available at office supply stores, or in the electronics section of any chain store). Any dust that is being stubborn can usually be worked loose with a clean, dry paintbrush. I have one that has medium to stiff bristles that was sold as a makeup applying brush that works really well, but any clean and dry paintbrush will do.

If you have sticky spots on him, try to gently and carefully work them off with a damp, soft and clean cloth. Avoid any chemical cleaners if possible as they may react with the Windstone’s finish in ways we cannot predict (and may damage it). Let me know if that helps!

Thank you, Nambroth! I’ll try this and let everyone know what happens. Also thanks for the tip on canned air–I use it a lot, but wasn’t sure if I should use it on these.

Mirrako
                        Participant

Ravnheart wrote:

For cleaning cloths for these I highly recommend Micro cloths. I got like 6 when I ordered something, and OMG they are the most amazing things! I use mine for cleaning glass as well. They leave no streaks and leave it spotless! Just use a tad of water and it is cleaner then using cleaners! πŸ™‚

here is a link for an idea πŸ™‚
                          http://magicmicrocloth.com/

Thanks, Ravnheart! I’ll take a look at the link and will probably try them out. πŸ™‚

Sure thing πŸ™‚
                          You can find them on ebay I think pretty cheap.

Elena
                          Participant

How do I tell if it’s a REAL windstone?
                            Reasons for variations in production colors?

For regular dusting, I love those fluffy swiffer things!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.