fbpx

FoxyFeathers… updated on page 2

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone FoxyFeathers… updated on page 2

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

So one fine day a wonderful red dog/wolf ran across a sweet red winged vixen in the woods. They made sweet puppy love under the moonlight…..
    FoxyFeathers is the result!
    *giggles*

Okay so I really wanted to make a fox PYO…but the odd eyes and small ears/tail called for a dog hybrid. Sooooo I went with it. After all since winged vixens don’t realy exhist anyway…I can make up my own species!

Anyway this is only a WIP…the other side of the wings are not yet done. I want to know what you guys think about the wings..and everything else. A good crit would be excellent.
    Thanks everyone!

littleironhorse
    Participant

I really like the color scheme, but I’m not crazy about the white lower jaw/neck. It very much draws the eye, and it’s hard to say from just a picture, but it seems to lack details, doen’t really look like fur, if you know what I mean?

But you said it’s a work in progress, is that part not completely done?

But I do like the color scheme very much, very vibrant! ๐Ÿ˜€

Love the wings!

littleironhorse wrote:

I really like the color scheme, but I’m not crazy about the white lower jaw/neck. It very much draws the eye, and it’s hard to say from just a picture, but it seems to lack details, doen’t really look like fur, if you know what I mean?

But you said it’s a work in progress, is that part not completely done?

But I do like the color scheme very much, very vibrant! ๐Ÿ˜€

Hmmmmm….
      Not sure what i can do to improve that. Should i extend the white to the chest or keep it to the cheeks and get rid of the bib? There is some antiquing…but it’s hard to photograph with a flash.
      is this what you mean?

Maria
      Participant

Awesome job, whippet! I love the wings and paws. As for the “bib,” the option on the right is definitely better. Making it smaller and rectangular detracts from the eyes and confuses. Putting a “tail” on it seems to soften the bright effect. You might want to consider toning it down, so you have the same brown effects on the bib as on the tail.

i love the wings! ๐Ÿ˜€ Looks pretty good to me but i agree that the under-chin area does need some work but i’m no fox expert, i think the suggestions you’ve already got are pretty good ^_^

Skigod377
        Participant

I was gonna say something about the white, too. I think running it down the chest looks better. I like the colors alot!

SPark
          Participant

That is very striking! Dang, now I want to do a fox one too, but I don’t want to feel like I’m just copying….

Eh, I won’t be painting mine for a good long while anyhow, too many other things to do first.

I ran the white down the chest last night…and it looks sooo much better. I will post updated pics tonight.

Maria
            Participant

Cool! Can’t wait to see them!

She’s pretty- the two-color eyes are killing me though- I don’t care for them but that is definitely not something you can change! The long extended white looks SOOOOo-o good!

Patricia
              Participant

What a wonderful concept! I like it!

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

Lokie
                Participant

I really like the color of the fur.

Participant

Yay! I was going to do a red fox on my blue eyed PYO. It’s going to be awhile before I can get to it though. It’s nice to see a similiar color scheme that someone else is working on. It’s giving me ideas! What other wing colors would go with a red fox (other than white)???

Ideas and suggestions are appreciated.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.