fbpx

First PYO Dragon "Ocean Merlot" – Better pics :P

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone First PYO Dragon "Ocean Merlot" – Better pics :P

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Maria
    Participant

Nice, WSC! At first glance I thought the colors were too abrupt; that there wasn’t enough connection between them. But the more I looked at, the better I liked it. The purple does look like it’s swirling.

Oooooooo, I luvs the purple and green combo! I am a big ‘ocean lover’ and he reminds me of the sea. So I think you did a good job with your color scheme! I love that idea you had on ‘outlining’ the bottom of the wing areas in dark purple. That is something I had never thought of!

You mentioned reversing the colors on a future dragon, and I think that would look really cool. Purple is one of my fav colors though, so I’m biased. πŸ˜›

Ugh, I feel your pain with the camera focus thing. It took me three tries of reading the instruction booklet before I finally found how to take close ups of my work. And I *thought* the digi cams were supposed to make your life easier! πŸ™„

Thinking about your camera now, what kind of camera do you have? For close up shots, you would be looking for a button or feature called “macro” somewhere on your camera, on my Canon it is denoted on the camera by a flower symbol. That should allow you to focus on your Windstone better that close up ^_^

OH Thanks Sunhawk! I found the flower pic on the top of it! I will try it today. maybe I can put better pics on here. I got it for Christmas from my Dad along with a bunch of paper and the printer dock. It is a Kodak Easy Share C533. I somehow lost the darn book on how to work it. I know it’s in one of 3 places, my car (which is always nasty…Just wait till I get a new one, then THAT will change), my apartment, which doesn’t seem likely, or at my Dad’s. I know it isn’t gone forever, but I just have to have time to find it…when the lights are on!! πŸ˜†
      BTW I am glad I could help you out with the color thing! I am always on the prowl for new colors!! I hope you have as much fun with them as I do!

Once again thank you all for the wonderful compliments!! πŸ˜€

I really like the colors you used. It looks like it took alot of skill and patience to get those clean lines!! Nice work!

Oh, by the way, we are getting the storm now here in NH….horizontal snow!

Skigod377
      Participant

I love that dark purple, too! Lovely job!! Great colors.

NirvanaCat13
        Participant

Ski, looks like your camera skills have rubbed off! πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Dude this is begging for glow in the dark paint…

NirvanaCat13
          Participant

Watergazer wrote:

Dude this is begging for glow in the dark paint…

ZOMG 😯 Could you imagine taking one of those to a rave? or a black light lit head shop?? ROFLMFAO

It would be trippy, man. πŸ˜†

I’ve been experimenting with glow in the dark paints on non-windstones but soon hope to create some kind of rave glowy dragon. The problem is that if you brush it on it’s very streaky and multiple layers don’t help too much, so it would almost have to be airbrush-applied. It doesn’t change the color too much if you’re base color is already green. The paint itself is a light creamy greenish white. It looks awesome though.

I bought a bunch of glow in the dark paints. I just didn’t have the guts to paint my first one with them. Yellow, green, pink and orange. I wanted a purple, but couldn’t find one… πŸ˜›
            Thanks Sunhawk, I tried the “flower” setting and it helped out bunches! I’ll have to repost the ones I took today later tonight. πŸ˜€
            I never have been to a rave, but it brings to mind the scene in Batman & Robin (I think it was that one) where Chris O’Donnel is fighting the street gang and says he is Batman… πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

NirvanaCat13
            Participant

WindstoneCollector wrote:

I bought a bunch of glow in the dark paints. I just didn’t have the guts to paint my first one with them. Yellow, green, pink and orange. I wanted a purple, but couldn’t find one… πŸ˜›
              Thanks Sunhawk, I tried the “flower” setting and it helped out bunches! I’ll have to repost the ones I took today later tonight. πŸ˜€
              I never have been to a rave, but it brings to mind the scene in Batman & Robin (I think it was that one) where Chris O’Donnel is fighting the street gang and says he is Batman… πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Good luck with that! LoL I dont’ think I’d have the balls to do a PYO like that…=P

I figured there has to be one person who would like it. I just didn’t figure it was you Nirvana. πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰ If not, then I am sure my son will. He is 12 after all. 😈
              *Starts humming some AC/DC* Mwuahahahahaha πŸ˜†

NirvanaCat13
              Participant

There are lots of things you guys don’t know about me =P (I’ve never done drugs tho….except Vicodin, but I’m on that for the rest of my life…)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.