fbpx

First PYO Dragon "Ocean Merlot" – Better pics :P

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone First PYO Dragon "Ocean Merlot" – Better pics :P

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Here she is…I told Ski I would post pics. Maybe she isn’t everyone’s favorite colors, but she is of my favorite colors! πŸ˜€

Now, if I could only find the stupid directions on how to use my camera…*shakes head at self* πŸ™„

dragonmedley
    Participant

The camera is focusing on anything BUT the dragon πŸ˜† I hate cameras and they hate me back. The same thing happens to me.

He’s nice and flashy! but I’m a sucker for metallics…

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Yeah. πŸ™ My camera hates me. πŸ˜₯ I had one pic turn out good and since then…Pfft πŸ˜›

Megan
      Participant

Oh, wow! He’s awesome! I love the way the purples and greens swirl around each other. Very eye-catching!

I think it might have been easier to paint if I had had more than candle light and daylight to paint by. Without power it sorta sucked. But I am content to have it as is. πŸ˜€
        I only have done a few touch-ups since the lights came back on, and we have a whopper of a wind storm going right now. πŸ˜• I was gonna begin on my wolf, but I am scared I will be painting it in the dark again! πŸ˜›
        Thank you for your praises on her though! I didn’t think it was too hard to paint the sculpt itself, but the Griff’s were definately easier for me. I am so not looking forward to the wolf…But then again I am. πŸ˜‰ LOL
        Next…Water’s Kirin…I have alot of the purples and greens left over from this one…. 😈

Megan
        Participant

Good luck on the wolf and Ki Rin! And we are currently getting all the wind and rain you are sending us over here in Indiana… my power went out this morning!

You know what they say…March roars in like a lion, and goes out like a lamb! LOL
          And It came from Iowa first!!! πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Megan
          Participant

Sure, blame it on Iowa πŸ˜† Hmm, maybe I should paint something by candle light…

I really like it. It is eye catching and you don’t see those colors out there together very often.

frozendragon
            Participant

I like the colors….send it to me I’ll take some pictures and send them back to you…(just the pictures)

😈 😈

LOL Frozen! I have enough of the paint left to paint another one. I might do one for ebay. I dunno…

Wow what purple did you use for that rich iridescent purple?

I mixed Dioxazine Purple and Amethyst metallic to get that dark purple. I love to mix my own, infact they are all mixed by me. The lighter “seafoam” is made of seafoam that was a tad bit too blue for my liking mixed with some vivid lime green and white pearlescent to lighten and give a yellow hue. The lavender is of the same Amethyst mixed with the white pearlescent I used in the green mix. It has a few darker green metallic areas that don’t show so well in the picture. Dave loves it, but for some reason he has it stuck in his head I am going to sell it on Ebay. 😯 I would love to paint another in the same tones, but that one would end up on Ebay. Although I am thinking of doing an opposite to this one. Just reversing the use of colors. But as I have said before, I have alot of ideas. πŸ˜€
              I admit, I did no antiquing of this dragon. I honestly didn’t want to. Maybe if I figure out how to take pics with a digital camera rather than a disposable I will have the chance for everyone to see how well it truly turned out. 😳
              I love to paint sculptures, I did alot of it with my Gramma when I was young, so it has been a pleasant return to something I loved to do, and have found out I still love to paint. Although they don’t look as nice as alot of people’s that I have seen on here. πŸ™ But I hear practice makes perfect. πŸ˜‰
              (And I plan on purchasing an airbrush in a few months too, so that will prove to be a challenge!)

Oh that’s fantastic, I’ve been hoping to see someone mixing normal paint with pigment like that, the results are definitely what I’m looking for ^_^ Thanks for the info!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.