fbpx

Favorite Gemstone…

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Favorite Gemstone…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    PurpleTurtle
    Participant

I apologize if this is a silly question but…I was just curious what your favorite gemstone was? I ask because I just recently was made aware that my favorite production color to date, Peacock, was actually based on the mineral peacock ore. I thought that was really neat πŸ™‚ . I have several favorites myself, but my top three are Amber, Labradorite and Rainbow Moonstone.

PurpleTurtle
      Participant

My favorite gemstone? I don’t know, I like them all! Sapphire has some of the coolest chemistry though! Especially the yellow stuff. I basically like anything shiny that interests me for things like how it’s made (diamonds are quite boring, actually), there’s one that made of crushed ancient critters that’s cool, there’s amber (nothing like fossilized tree sap). You get the idea. If it can do something cool in chemistry, or has a neat origin story, or is shiny (I’m like a magpie) then I love it!

Oh, man I am SUCH a nerd…

Maria
        Participant

πŸ˜† Good answer, Dragon. Forget picking favorites. If it’s shiny and colorful, I like it.

PurpleTurtle
          Participant

I have to admit, I’m like that too. My husband teases me and says I must have been a crow or a dragon in one of my past lives. I love collecting pretty and shiny things. I have an obscene amount of beads, many of which are natural gemstones. I suppose you could call that a ‘hoard of beads’ .

Maebnus
            Participant

Good question! I have several favorites as well, but I most often find myself drawn towards hematite.

Jodi
              Participant

I like emeralds (ya think?) and amber and turquoise. Citrines are nice too, especially the orangey ones. Oh, and Lake Superior Agates, especially when I find them myself.

Purplecat
                Participant

Boulder Opals, Moonstone and Peacock ore for me. πŸ™‚

purpledragonclaw
                  Participant

Amber, Lapis Lazuli and Amethyst for me! πŸ˜€

Setsunawolf
                    Participant

I’m in the shiny category. I have all sorts of stnes, whatever catches my eye. Of course it doesn’t always have to shine either, it can be a striking color as well and I’m done for.

Of course, I pick my cloths by feel too. Must touch everything..including shiny, sparkley stones. 😈

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                      Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                      Sun Dragon Koi #3

Bob

Ruby and Alexandrite. I’m wearing them everyday in my mom’s Mother’s ring tht I found in her jewelery box when cleaning out her belongings last year
                        I’m Ruby and just found out that Alexandrite is a June birth stone and it changes colors

Jasmine
                        Participant

I’m all about the shiney too. My bf knows the one way to get my attention is to wave something shiney in my face… πŸ˜†

darjeb
                          Participant

My favorite varies – it is whatever gemstone is mounted in an unusual ring mounting. I love rings

Haven’t you heard

DIAMONDS ARE A GIRLS BEST FRIEND

or was tha movie before your time?

laphon1
                            Participant

I love that movie.

Leigha
                              Participant

I’m in the shiney/coloreful category.

I also love the cuts on gemstones. Cushion cuts are beautiful. And some of the “laser cut” stones are awesome looking.

I love jewelry, I work in the jewelry department at a store and I LOVE putting all the new jewelry into the cases. My coworkers know it and leave the new stuff for me to do when I come to work ^^

Rings are my favorite. Earrings are a close second.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.