fbpx

Farewell to a Life Long Friend

Home Forums Miscellany Community Farewell to a Life Long Friend

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Blocked

I am so sorry to hear that too Drag0n. At least he won’t suffer anymore but it’s always hard losing a furry friend. My mom put our border collie down a few years ago when I was off working on a cruise ship and it was the worst feeling to come home to an empty house. He had been suffering from Lymphoma and it was choking him so she made the hard decision while I was away. Anyway I still think of him fondly now and all the happy memories we had shared I hope that you do too when you are ready.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Amstaff
      Participant

So sorry to hear Drag0n 🙁 Loosing a family pet is hard enough as it is, but having to decide to have it done can make it downright devastating. I went through the same thing almost 2 years ago, and I took it very hard. The one thing that helped a lot was a simple card my Vet had sent me. It stated that what I had done for my girl (Baby is her name, she is pictured in my avatar), that what I had done was the “Ultimate act of love and care that we can provide for our beloved pet”. Her words meant alot, helped me realize what I had done was ok, and was the right thing.

Its normal to hurt and dont try to bottle it up, just let it happen, and slowly things get a bit easier, bit by bit. And know you gave Ein the bestest life ever, Im sure he is watching over you now, no longer suffering. (I really do believe this, as since Baby has gone, there are times, out of the blue, when I swear I just seen her out of the corner of my eye, or I just heard her sigh, or felt the warmth of her head on my knee. I do believe she is with me in spirit. )

Mimi and I send out heartfelt hugs to you.We know all too well the pain you are feeling.May your hurt heal quickly and always remember you gave your loved one a wonderful long life and he knew he was truly loved.

Prezaurian
        Participant

You have my utmost sympathies, dragOn.

Mary
          Participant

DF, So sorry to hear about your sweet Ein! He’s no longer in pain & waiting for you at Rainbow bridge. My deepest sympathies!

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

The house is so quiet…. I sudden;y don’t have anything to do now. No making his special food any more every night and spending 45 minutes trying to get him to eat it all. No taking him out to sit on the stoop for a half an hour while he enjoys the outside air. No cleaning up his messes since he had recently been having accidents… It’s just so weird… and sad. Despite the inconveniences I’d do them forever to have him back.

Got a busted Windstone?
              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
              Tattoo Mother Kirin
              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

It’s always so hard to lose a furbaby. My condolences.

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
              www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
              Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

twindragonsmum
              Participant

drag0n I’m so, so sorry for you and Shaun – my heart just aches. Ein was part of this family, too and will be missed. Many hugs, darlin’

twindragonsmum

tdm

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

Thank you. I got the most wonderful little doodle of Ein from Melody in the mail today <3 It looks like he's sitting down on a fluffly cloud in puppy heaven. OMG Shaun and I bawled. It's already in a frame right next to me <3 Thank you so much Melody! Words cannot express how much I will treasure it!

Got a busted Windstone?
                  drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin
                  Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                  Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                  Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                  Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                  Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                  Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Amstaff
                  Participant

Thank you. I got the most wonderful little doodle of Ein from Melody in the mail today <3 It looks like he's sitting down on a fluffly cloud in puppy heaven. OMG Shaun and I bawled. It's already in a frame right next to me <3 Thank you so much Melody! Words cannot express how much I will treasure it!

Oh wow, what an amazingly kind gesture !

Lokie
                    Participant

I’m so sorry for your loss. *hugs*

That’s a very sweet gesture from Melody.

Melissa
                      Participant

I’m sorry drag0n.

The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man’s. ~Mark Twain, letter to W.D. Howells, 2 April 1899

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.