fbpx

Farewell to a Life Long Friend

Home Forums Miscellany Community Farewell to a Life Long Friend

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

Shaun and I made the decision to put Ein to sleep today. He was an amazing dog and probably one of the most foundational points that began our relationship. Ein loved Shaun so much. I’m glad he had us both with him at the end. There will never be another dog like him and I feel like there is a huge hole in my heart and my home.

We just finished washing his toys and giving his food away. It feels wrong, like I need to immediately erase him from my world but it’s so hard to see “doggie stuffs” with no dog to speak of. When we got there they had to try three times to get a vein that wasn’t collapsed. Once they did he went very quickly.

This has been a major reason why I haven’t been too active as of late. Ein has been struggling with nasal cancer the past few months now and I had been keeping somewhat quiet about it, but now that he’s finally at peace I thought I should apologize to everyone who has been waitinga few extra weeks for repair work and such. Thank you for your understanding.

This really sucks…

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Natasha
      Participant

Shaun and I made the decision to put Ein to sleep today. He was an amazing dog and probably one of the most foundational points that began our relationship. Ein loved Shaun so much. I’m glad he had us both with him at the end. There will never be another dog like him and I feel like there is a huge hole in my heart and my home.

We just finished washing his toys and giving his food away. It feels wrong, like I need to immediately erase him from my world but it’s so hard to see “doggie stuffs” with no dog to speak of. When we got there they had to try three times to get a vein that wasn’t collapsed. Once they did he went very quickly.

This has been a major reason why I haven’t been too active as of late. Ein has been struggling with nasal cancer the past few months now and I had been keeping somewhat quiet about it, but now that he’s finally at peace I thought I should apologize to everyone who has been waitinga few extra weeks for repair work and such. Thank you for your understanding.

This really sucks…

Animal friends are so hard to lose. Condolences on your little guy. I hope it’s not too long til you can remember him with smiles instead of the current awful grief.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
        ANY Red Eyed Unis
        ANY Test Paint Bat
        UNIS:
        The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
        Male- Snow Leopard TP
        White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
        Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
        Mother: Okapi
        Gothic - Mahogany
        PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
        DRAGONS: Male Coyote

jmoore
        Participant

Hugs to you drag0n!!

Linda
          Participant

I am so sorry for your loss!!

Ela_Hara
            Participant

Sorry to hear about Ein. I’m sure he’s playing with his Pals in Pet Heaven.
              Hugs to you.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

dragonmedley
              Participant

Oh, I’m so sorry! Big hugs to you and Shaun.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Aggie83
                Participant

I’m so sorry for your loss, but how lucky Ein was to have people who loved him so much.

Stormbreeze
                  Participant

You have my sincere condolences. Dogs are some of the best friends we as people can have; I myself have lost a dog once so I understand how you feel.

From what I can tell, he was lucky to have a person like you as his owner. Hopefully his memory will live on with happiness.

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

Lauren
                    Participant

When I was a kid we lost our family dog to cancer. We’d had her since before I was born, so I was raised with her around, and she was more or less one of my best friends (albeit a four-legged one) growing up. I don’t think I even had a chance to say goodbye to her; one day she started bleeding very heavily out of her nose and my parents had to rush her to the vet where they put her down so she wouldn’t continue to suffer. It was really difficult to understand and process; I must have been about somewhere between 8 and 11 years old at the time…? I just remember vividly destroying a cassette tape of mine because it was the OST for Pocahontas, and every time I heard the lyrics about the wolves howling at the blue-corn moon it made me think of her and I couldn’t handle the sad and angry feelings. I’m really sorry for your loss, and hopefully everybody will understand the kind you’re going through and your need for time and peoples’ patience. Just remember Ein loved you both and wouldn’t want his people to be sad: he had a good life with you all and was well-loved up until the very end, which I think is probably the most anyone in this world can hope for.

Drag0n, I’m so sorry for your loss. ((hugs))

pipsxlch
                      Participant

I’m so sorry for your loss. I lost my Pip to cancer also. It never does get easy, and you’ve had a rough year. Praying the rest of your furry family remains healthy for years to come.

Stephanie
                        Participant

I’m so sorry.

drag0nfeathers
                          Participant

Thank you so much everyone. My head is pounding, so I’m not much for typing right now, but thank you so much.

Got a busted Windstone?
                            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                            Siphlophis Male Dragon
                            Calypso Hatching Empress
                            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                            Tattoo Mother Kirin
                            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Sikek
                            Participant

So sorry for your loss. Ein was very lucky to have such caring owners.

MandBsMom
                              Participant

You made the best decision you could for him. It’s always hard to make that choice, but in the end, it is the best one. Hugs to you for the loss of your FurBaby.

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.