fbpx

Extremely long wait time between store orders??

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Extremely long wait time between store orders??

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

I’ve seen some online vendors display the peacock model, but list the other colors. Keeping a website up-to-date can be pretty time consuming. I’d suggest sending the vendor an email inquiring about the piece that you want to order to make sure they have it in stock. It’ll save you some disappointment in finding out it’s not available after you’ve ordered it, but it’ll still show the vendor that there’s an interest in that particular item.

Tintaglia wrote:

I’ve seen some online vendors display the peacock model, but list the other colors. Keeping a website up-to-date can be pretty time consuming. I’d suggest sending the vendor an email inquiring about the piece that you want to order to make sure they have it in stock. It’ll save you some disappointment in finding out it’s not available after you’ve ordered it, but it’ll still show the vendor that there’s an interest in that particular item.

That is a good idea…Emailing them before you buy.

darjeb
    Participant

It’s been several years ago – just about the time the white dragons were discontinued – I ordered a white Emperor and white Fledgling from David’s Briar Shop and my order processed but after waiting about two weeks and no dragons I emailed them and their reply was ‘We don’t have them anymore’ I wondered why they couldn’t have let me know they didn’t have them as soon as they received my order. I put them on my “No Buy From” list. That’s bad customer service.

Susie
      Keymaster

Please don’t anybody think ill of “BY THE SWORD” – the problem described was entirely the fault of us at Windstone accidentally telling them that the Oriental Sun Dragon in Ruby was out of stock when we still had a couple of them left.
        😳 We try not to, but sometimes we make mistakes! 😳

-Susie, Windstone Customer Service

keschete
        Participant

Susie wrote:

Please don’t anybody think ill of “BY THE SWORD” – the problem described was entirely the fault of us at Windstone accidentally telling them that the Oriental Sun Dragon in Ruby was out of stock when we still had a couple of them left.
          😳 We try not to, but sometimes we make mistakes! 😳

-Susie, Windstone Customer Service

Your customer service is the best and you are all human…so don’t sweat it! By the Sword is a great place to shop!

Travistie
          Participant

Yes, I’ve gotten into quite a few situations where I was ordering an in stock item online… only to find out much later that it was actually out of stock. Now, I always either call or e-mail the dealer to find out if it is indeed in stock or not. That way, I know right away if I need to look elsewhere.

Jodi
            Participant

I’ve been “put on hold” by other websites too, who claim to have something (retired) in stock but don’t. And it takes me a while to get my money back.

I can reassure you that I note on my website what I have physically in stock, and what is out of stock at Windstones (I’ll even take the Buy Now button down for this). I update my website often to pass this information along. I do list everything that is current at Windstone, but have an “In Stock” note next to what I have here. The things that are not in stock take a week longer.

I think because I run my own website I can keep it updated faster. Sometimes businesses get another person/company to run their website for them, so it can take longer to change things.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.