fbpx

Extremely long wait time between store orders??

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Extremely long wait time between store orders??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Windswept
    Participant

I recently bought a ruby sun oriental from By The Sword, Inc. I’d seen a couple other people say they were a good site, and they had the sun for a smidge cheaper than most places, so I went for it.

Everything went through, but I’ve been talking to the apologetic website owner. He’s willing to refund my order (or let me try waiting it out), because he called Windstone to order ten or so sun orientals, and got the reply that it’ll take months before he sees a single red scale.

Uh, what? That seems a bit long, when I could have ordered a sun directly from the Windstone store and gotten it in a day or two. I thought buying from ‘the little guys’ and stores was encouraged?

Windswept
      Participant

I would try to contact Windstone and see if it actually going to take that long, but it is better to go thru a store because it helps Windstone out.

Pegasi1978
        Participant

Well there are currently only two ruby sun dragons listed in the store so Windstone may not have a lot of backstock of the pieces so he might not be able to get 10. I know it has been mentioned elsewhere that the oriental dragons are difficult to make and my understanding is there is no immediate plans to make any more.

Windswept
          Participant

If there’s no plans to make more then that’s fine, I’ll take my money back and go elsewhere. It would be even worse is they said they’d make more in the months-future and I came out empty handed, because then they lied to BTS inc.

Not that I’m accusing anyone of that, just saying. I’m kinda put off by this whole situation.

keschete
            Participant

I just bought two castles from the same store and they were prompt and communicated very well. They did have to order my castles and get them in and then they sent them on to me.

So I guess it took about 10 days total or so…but they were very nice and helpful!

Windswept
              Participant

Yeah, I’ve heard great things about them, and Mike is a really nice guy. I’d love to help support his site by buying from there, but if Windstone is going to make him (and indirectly, me) wait for months for an order they may or may not fill, I might as well cut my losses and order one of the two remaining here. :

Going to send a message to Windstone now about this. Kinda nervous and fidgety since there’s only two in the site store, and secondhand prices can be through the roof sometimes.

Skigod377
                Participant

Why not go to a store that has them in stock?

Windswept
                  Participant

They were originally reported as having them in stock. That’s one of my options at this point, but I’m feeling bad about By The Sword losing a customer when they’re being so great.

Skigod377
                    Participant

I can understand that. I tend to flit from store to store cuz I like to spread the wealth and try to help everyone. You can run into some poor customer service that way, though. 😆

Pegasi1978
                      Participant

That’s the one thing so many web sites are bad about doing….updating what they actually have in stock.

Windswept
                        Participant

Problem resolved. As always, Windstone came through. n_n

Skigod377
                          Participant

Excellente. 😀

I was one of the people who mentioned them in a thread. I had great service from them and it was cheaper. At the time they had the stock in the store. Maybe they had so many orders they ran out.

Participant

They seem nice, but I had a similar problem when I tried to order a Grand Unicorn (before they were restocked). He contacted me about a week later only to tell me they couldn’t get them from Windstone. Nothing was mentioned on the website that they were out of stock (at his store). I would recommend going through another store or Windstone directly.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.