fbpx

Ebay issues/venting

Home Forums Miscellany Community Ebay issues/venting

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    keschete
    Participant

I know how you feel. I got a damaged item and the seller accused ME of damaging the hatching dragon, that was mailed in a padded mailer envelope! I sent the item back UPS, double boxed. She accused me of mail fraud!

I only got 1/2 my money back, but I did leave her negative feedback…fortunately she had already left me positive and she proceeded to relist and sell the damaged dragon.

There are some nuttos on ebay for sure!!!! UGH! Just take a deep breath…you can apply to ebay to mutually withdraw feedback and you can open a complaint!

BDW
      Participant

keschete wrote:

you can apply to ebay to mutually withdraw feedback and you can open a complaint!

I thought about that also but when I read the criteria to be eligible I don’t think this case would apply. anyway here is a link for it.
        http://pages.ebay.ca/help/feedback/questions/retaliatory-feedback.html
        http://pages.ebay.ca/help/feedback/feedback-disputes.html
        http://pages.ebay.ca/help/account/withdraw-feedback.html
        http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/feedback-abuse-withdrawal.html

There is also this but read the other links first.
        http://www.squaretrade.com/cnt/jsp/odr/overview_odr.jsp?marketplace_name=ebay&campaign=EBY_OD_1

I hope some of those will help.

darjeb
        Participant

What a jerk – wanna tell us who not to buy from?

lamortefille
          Participant

Blackdesertwind wrote:

There is also this but read the other links first.
            http://www.squaretrade.com/cnt/jsp/odr/overview_odr.jsp?marketplace_name=ebay&campaign=EBY_OD_1

Ah, so eBay is pushing Square Trade now (which worked well for me once)…. Ya learn something new everyday. 😀

Stephanie
            Participant

Well that sucks. What a jerk! 👿

I dislike people like that and there are a few of them out there. 🙁

Maria
              Participant

What a nincompoop. Sorry, Kujacker. 🙁

Pegasi1978
                Participant

Kujacker wrote:

pegasi1978 wrote:

eaglefeather831 wrote:

Wow…I think that is horrible that he does that to people who leave neg or neutral feedback to him. I don’t know much about the feedback on ebay, but I wonder if there is any way to dispute it? That is only if you feel like it! It’s not fair that your ratings had to suffer.

In a few more weeks it won’t matter because then sellers can only leave positive feedback for auctions. This is due to eBay changing how feedback is done.

I just don’t know when the actual date is that this whole new thing is going into effect. The email that ebay sent users didn’t give a date… I also don’t know if this new thing will erase all negative feedback that was already posted…
                  I just did some more looking to see when the buyers can’t leave anything but postive is supposed to start and it says May 2008.

Skigod377
                  Participant

Kujacker wrote:

I got my first negative feedback on eBay today.

It was for an item I bought back on December 19th and I’m just now getting a NEGATIVE feedback on it.

I paid within an hour of the item closing. I left a NEUTRAL feedback on the seller BECAUSE: The item arrived BROKEN and I took photos of it and sent it to the seller, to which the seller NEVER replied to me… thus resulting in my neutral feedback. I got the item, but it was busted and no seller communication what-so-ever (before AND after the auction had closed).
                    (photos I took of broken item if you want to see, not windstone related http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/Parano/megs-1.png)

I went on eBay today to send a note to someone I bought something from. They wanted a money order and I was letting them know I sent it.
                    I saw my feedback had gone down a rating. What? I check and see a negative. It says;
                    “Not a good person to have a transaction with…very negative..suspicious”

Excuse me? How is me being POLITE to you and sending you PHOTOS of the broken item and you not replying to it make it “negative and suspicious” on my end?! Does he think I purposely broke a statue I REALLY WANTED just so I could give him neutral feedback? What a loon!
                    I’ve been on eBay for 8 years now and never received a negative before. If I was “negative and suspicious” I would have received more negatives by now.

This is just me venting. I can’t believe how some people act some times! Wish I could go back and leave a negative for him, instead of a politely stated neutral (this is what my neutral feedback said, “Item arrived broken. Does not reply to emails.”). Going thru his feedback I see everyone who left a negative or neutral got a negative from him… he then always blames the buyer on his negatives. THE BUYER SENT THE MONEY, WHY ARE YOU GIVING NEGATIVES? Every time I see a bad mark on his feedback, “No communication” is always in there. CLUE?

I can’t believe some people. 🙄Sorry Ku. You can go back and leave a reply like I did when this happened to me. Some sellers wont leave feedback till you do just so they can hold it over your head. Reply saying it was a retaliation neg and he loves to give them. It wont help your rating, but may make you feel better. Plus, others will know the story. 🙂

Pegasi1978
                    Participant

Sorry for digging an older thread up. I didn’t feel like creating a new one when my post would fit nicely in with an exsisting thread. Mild rambling rant ahead.

Do me a favor? If you ever buy something on ebay and pay via paypal please make sure that the addresses provided on both match. This makes things much easier on the conscientious seller. I recently (and still do) had some items up for sale on ebay. Of the three people who have paid me for their auctions so far, two of them did not have matching addresses meaning I had to contact them to confirm which address to ship the item to.

I’ve actually been on the opposite end of this as a buyer before. I included instructions with my payment for a seller to ship an item to one address, but they shipped the item to the other one and never responded to my request of proof of shipping. After that instance I went digging on ebay and discovered they archived your address in more than one location and you have to change it in each one in order to have the seller provided with the correct one.

If the seller in that instance had noticed the address differences (or read my instructions) the item would have been shipped to the right address. I eventually left negative feedback since the item never came and he never gave me proof of shipping. They followed up with a response that said “Item returned to sender. No response to emails.” I never got any emails from the seller at all, not even in my junk box so I don’t think he sent emails. It doesn’t matter now since they aren’t on ebay anymore and I got my refund.

It’s a small thing you can do as a buyer to make the seller’s life a little easier.

Oh and if you are a seller please take the time to check that the addresses match and confirm which one to ship to if they don’t. And keep an eye out for special instructions from the buyer when you receive payment. Then you know the package will get to the right place and you won’t run the risk of getting negative feedback.

Thanks for letting me vent a little.

Pegasi1978
                      Participant

Make that three of the five who have paid me. And one of those is the Amethyst Kirin too.

pegasi1978 wrote:

I never got any emails from the seller at all, not even in my junk box so I don’t think he sent emails. It doesn’t matter now since they aren’t on ebay anymore and I got my refund.

Just thought I’d give you a word of warning since I couldn’t help but notice you have an e-mail address on hotmail, just like me… But hotmail has the kind of problem of not always receiving mails sent to your address, it won’t let them through at all and they never end up even in the junk box. I have had the problem a couple of times before with people whose mail addresses I haven’t had in my address book on hotmail. A friend of mine changed her e-mail address and sent me a notification about that from her new one but I never received it, and I know she did in fact send me the note since she showed me her sent e-mails file box thingy (sorry, in Finnish it’s “Lähetetyt”, so I don’t know the exact right word to use here) on her new mail when I was visiting her.
                        Well, ye be warned.

Pegasi1978
                        Participant

Thanks, I have had that happen occasionally. At the time it happened (2002/2003 time frame) I had very few filters set up on my hotmail account. And really the seller should have used ebay to send me a message. Then there’s the physical evidence on ebay’s system that he tried to contact me. At that time I didn’t know about ebay’s “Report Item Not Received” tool or else I would have used it before I left feedback. I know better now.

For every person I’ve had that had addresses that didn’t match I’ve contacted them through ebay and so far all but one have responded.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.