fbpx

Dragon Hatchery!!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Dragon Hatchery!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,516 through 1,530 (of 1,649 total)
  • Author
    Puffpastryofdoom
    Participant

Thank you Pegasi1978 and Jerusha for replying back!
      It turns out that there’s still some”hope” in the world! (Haha…) -I’ve been seeing occassional 2010 Halloween eggs being abandoned. If I’m lucky, maybe I’ll catch one!

Jerusha
      Participant

Puffpastry and anybody else who didn’t get a Halloween egg:

If you’re not on it already, join the Dragon Cave Chat room. There’s a special chat room in there just for trades. I am absolutely certain there will be a TON of Halloween egg trading, and Free For Alls (where they just announce the egg, count down, and drop it for free).
        You stand an excellent chance of finding a few eggs there. If you know how to catch an egg using its code, definitely take advantage of the Free For Alls. If you have a decent scroll with tradeable stuff, you’ll almost certainly get at least one or two Halloween eggs in trade. And remember – some folks take I.O.U.’s (where they give you the Halloween egg immediately, and you promise to breed, grow, or catch something for them later).

Please feel free to PM me if you have questions about how to do any of this stuff. I floundered my first few weeks on the Cave and would be happy to save anybody else the trouble of learning it all on their own. Plus, this is your only chance to get Cave bred Halloween ’10 dragons, so I want to help make sure you get those eggs!

Puffpastryofdoom
        Participant

Thank you SO much, Jerusha!! I really appreciate how much you’re helping me (and everyone else that’s looking for eggs) out!
          To be honest, I didn’t even know you could do that, so this is really great news! Again, thank you so much for everything! You’re the best!!! πŸ˜€

Katherine
          Participant

Oh, I am so sorry I didn’t see these posts earlier! πŸ™ I would have helped as well. The same goes for me as Jerusha-if you need me to catch for you, just PM me. I am also eaglefeather831 everywhere as well. I get an email message saying I got a PM here, so i can respond a little faster! I am sorry guys and gals!!!

Puffpastryofdoom
            Participant

Thank you so much for being so generous, Eaglefeather831!!

Since I only recently joined Dragon Cave, I hope that over time I’ll become much better at this than I am now […because I’d love to help you (and everyone else on this forum) out too! πŸ˜€ ]

Katherine
              Participant

No problem1 if you, or anyone else, wants me to breed anything for them at any time during the year-feel free to ask!

Pegasi1978
                Participant

Feature Preview!

TJ09 wrote:

Feel free to double-check your calendar if you don’t believe me, but no, it’s not April 1st yet. And pinch yourself all you wish, you’re not dreaming. These features are really happening. That said, these features are not yet available. (Which might seem obvious, but who knows?)

Egg/Hatchling Limits

• Changing to 4 eggs / 12 total, regardless of whether or not you’re breeding, grabbing from cave, or whatnot.
                    [/*:m]
                  • With a bronze badge, the limit goes up to 5 eggs/15 total
                  • Silver badge, 6 eggs/18 total
                  • Gold badge, 7 eggs/21 total[/*:m]

Fertility

• Purple BSA increases the chance of whatever dragon you choose breeding successfully.
                  • Does not alter the chance of getting a specific breed of egg.
                  • Two week cooldown[/*:m]

Locations

• Eggs split up into different biomes
                  • Fewer people viewing each biome means fewer people vying for each individual egg.
                  • Want a water-based dragon? Chances are you’ll find them near the beach. Tropical dragons? In a jungle.
                  • Rares will show up in all biomes.[/*:m]

Rare x Rare breeding

• Breed gold x gold, gold x silver, or gold x holiday (Or any other combination of rares except holiday x holiday)
                  • gold x gold has the same chance of producing a gold egg as gold x pink, so this won’t make rares super-easy to get.[/*:m]

Refusals in breeding list

• Once a pair has refused, it will cease to show up on the breeding page.
                  • This will work for all pairs that have refused each other since June 14, 2010.[/*:m]

Renaming

• Unlimited, you can rename your dragon as much as you wish.
                  • Currently no option to remove a name, only replace it.[/*:m]

S1 Freezing

• Whatever stage you freeze in is where it stays
                  • Existing frozen hatchlings will not be affected.
                  • I may release a tool that lets people take existing “S1 frozen” hatchlings (which are accomplished merely by low views) and “convert” them to proper S1 frozens.[/*:m]

Scroll Pages

• Each user sets how many dragons they wish to view per-page.
                  • User setting is applied for all scrolls that user views.[/*:m]

Teleport

• Magi BSA provides 2-way trading or 1-way transferring
                  • Up to four eggs/hatchlings at a time[/*:m]

Vampire Lineages

• Vampire eggs (and up) show what dragon bit them.
                  • Vampire dragons show what eggs they have bitten.
                  • Existing lineage is unaffected.[/*:m]

No time line for release yet.

[/][/][/][/][/][/][/][/][/][/]

Jerusha
                  Participant

YES! I heard about these updates yesterday. SOOOooooooooo excited!!!! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Pegasi1978
                    Participant

2010-12-13 – Yay Updates

TJ09 wrote:

Vampire Lineages
                      Only bite logs from after April 2010 are guaranteed to show up. Earlier vampires will have their logs show up at some point in the future when I get around to importing the data.
                      Renaming
                      Yay.
                      Scroll pages
                      Remember that this setting affects how you see the scrolls of others. There is no option to change how others see your scroll and there are currently no plans to add such an option.
                      S1 Freezing
                      Only affects newly-frozen hatchlings. I will release a tool to retroactively update old S1 frozens in the future.

2010-12-18 – Christmas Event Info, Speculation, begone.

TJ09 wrote:

Let’s put an end once and for all to speculation about what will be happening over the next week(s):

Event Eggs
                      A new event dragon will become available starting around midnight December 25. Egg drops will continue for three days until midnight December 28 (Defined as the second after December 27 23:59:59 EST).
                      Breeding
                      2007–2009 holiday dragons will be able to breed more holiday eggs for seven days from December 21–28 (Starting and ending at midnight, see the definition above). New holiday eggs that are bred during this time and that and reach adulthood before Dec. 28 will not be able to breed at all until after Dec. 28.
                      Moar events
                      Future information forthcoming. Stay tuned for surprises.

And now that all that lovely ambiguity is gone (hopefully), time to get excited.

Bob

I will not be getting too many more eggs for now
                        I can not post them here anymore
                        it tells me the image is too big and Jennifer said she could not figure out what was going on and I do not want to get them just to die.
                        The friend that has been helping me grow them, I guess has not been on line because my last PM to that person is still unread in my sent PM’s

Katherine
                        Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

I will not be getting too many more eggs for now
                          I can not post them here anymore
                          it tells me the image is too big and Jennifer said she could not figure out what was going on and I do not want to get them just to die.
                          The friend that has been helping me grow them, I guess has not been on line because my last PM to that person is still unread in my sent PM’s

Hey, DM!!!
                          There are sites to post them on-here is a complete list from the Dragcave forums!
                          http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=89465 πŸ˜‰

Rachel
                          Participant

I bred one of my Snow Angels today and got 4 eggs, which have been adopted by others. I plan on breeding my other as well. While it may or may not be as successful, if you want one I can try to breed when you’re available to catch. Also, I noted that it allowed me to hold onto an egg for a short time, so it might be possible to hold onto one briefly so that I can give it away later.

Jerusha
                            Participant

A request: If anyone here who is also on Dragon Cave happens to have any Holly dragons, I would like to respectfully request an egg 😳 I am happy to return the favor with any catches or breedings I can provide for you. I’m good at catching the ungendered rares (dinos, paper, chicken, cheese) and would be happy to give more than one egg in trade.
                              Please pm me here or on DC forum, or catch me on DC chat (my username is the same as here).

Thanks, and happy holidays!!! πŸ˜€

ps- In other news, if anybody wants a catcher for the new release, same deal – pm me here, there, or on chat. I’ll be catching mine soon as they drop at midnight DC time, and I loooooove catching! So I’d be happy to get yours for fun!!

Pegasi1978
                              Participant

I’ll be honest and say I think all of the Windstoners who have DC scrolls joined after the Holly release.

Katherine
                                Participant

I GOT A FRICKING HOLLY!!!!!!! Someone gifted it to me…and guess what??? I am going to gift to you forum members next year! (i wish i could do it this year) But if you are still on by next year, and if i get a multi-clutch-consider one of them yours!!! *SCREEEAAAMMMMSSSS*
                                  Someone picked me out of random on the DC forum, and that is how i got it!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,516 through 1,530 (of 1,649 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.