fbpx

Don't you love hidden auctions (not)

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Don't you love hidden auctions (not)

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    darjeb
    Participant

What a great deal. Awhile back another member let me know there was a hidden auction for a white Hatching Empress and I thought I got a great deal for $46 and only a little chip on one ear but you got that plus the fledgling which is one of my favorite dragons – congratulations.

LadyFirebird
      Participant

Well I did get my $56 male peacock dragon and emerald fledgling–the seller packed them real good–took my adivce in double boxing. The fledgling is excellent–no tag, but then did they have one? The male has a chipped claw which she disclosed and various paint rubs–nothing that Kyrin couldn’t fix so I’m pleased. Sometimes you do get lucky! ๐Ÿ˜€

Good Deal! Congratulations… ๐Ÿ˜€

LadyFirebird wrote:

Well I did get my $56 male peacock dragon and emerald fledgling–the seller packed them real good–took my adivce in double boxing. The fledgling is excellent–no tag, but then did they have one? The male has a chipped claw which she disclosed and various paint rubs–nothing that Kyrin couldn’t fix so I’m pleased. Sometimes you do get lucky! ๐Ÿ˜€

My emerald Fledge does not have the tag. He was my first emerald, and I got him the first day they put them in the shop where I lived. ๐Ÿ˜€

LadyFirebird
        Participant

Thanks for the info WC. I know some people who don’t like the tags and take them off so I wasn’t sure.

Not so hidden, but OMgawd, WHAT A DEAL !!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260484265713&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ˜ฅ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

I missed the auction end by a hair.

And I also wanted THIS deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180415471951&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Half off with free shipping???

LadyFirebird wrote:

Thanks for the info WC. I know some people who don’t like the tags and take them off so I wasn’t sure.

Some of my new ones have tags but I don’t like them on there either. Does it lower the value if you take them off?? I’ve always wondered this. It’s not the tags are specially marked for each one, like it says “Emerald Peacock male” or something….it’s just the same for every one, as far as I’ve seen.

Pegasi1978
          Participant

As far as tags and affecting re-sale value, it just depends on how picky the buyer is. Some might go a little higher in price because of having the tag attached (and/or the box with original inserts), others may not care. I don’t mind getting a piece with out the tag, but would prefer having the box with the original inserts so I might go a few dollars higher on one of those auctions.

In regards to the database though, I don’t keep track of which pieces have tags (and/or the box with original inserts) because that would be a little too much to try and keep track of along with everything else.

I don’t remove the tags even though they can cause a tipping hazzard on some of the smaller pieces simply because I know I cannot reattach them.(Those I jsut set on top of the tag to even the bottom out so they don’t wobble.) I don’t really care about the tags, and usually the box issue does not disturb me or keep me from getting something I really want as I do know how to pack them into a single box and move them without damage.(But an original box is worth the extra monies if it isn’t $50 for the box…If you get my drift. ๐Ÿ˜‰ )
            I suppose if you pull the tags, and keep them in the box (of each sculpt) that may not hinder buyers to put up the cash, but some are sticklers about the term “Mint”. To me, I can appreciate a piece even if it is aged and out on display, and in my eyes, anything without chips and dings is a more than welcome addition. I even enjoy the challenge buying a broken item can give me with repairs. ๐Ÿ˜€ And the joy of adding it to my collection even if it has been repaired.

(I admit, when placing items on the shelves or dusting, I can sometimes be heard muttering about how annoying the tags are when they are in the way. ๐Ÿ˜ณ )

PurpleTurtle
            Participant

I almost always take the tags off of my guys. But I do save them, along with the boxes, bags and inserts. If you are careful, you can usually just peel back the felt bottom part way to remove the tag and string, and then re-stick it. I do it that way because if I ever resell them I have a completely intact tag. Bigger pieces, like the OW and Male, are heavy enough not to be tippy, but my little Armadillo’s bottom was way too teeny tiny. I was iffy on that one, simply because he was singed. My Poads I keep tagged, because they are signed ๐Ÿ˜‰ .

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.