fbpx

Don't you love hidden auctions (not)

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Don't you love hidden auctions (not)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Laurie
    Participant

I won this auction on ebay…..http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120464413280 and just got the dragons in the mail today. They both smell of smoke and are yellow instead of white from all the nicotine tar. Also the fledgie has more chips then what was described and the hatcher has a chip on the front of the egg. Here I was all excited that I found a good deal but it was too good to be true.

Laurie
      Participant

Leigha
        Participant

Yes I do! I’ve gotten quite a few good deals that way. Congrats on those! I had been watching them but forgot about them and didn’t get a reminder from eBay for some reason. ๐Ÿ™‚ That sucks about the tar and condition though. But still a good price.

I also love 2:30am Auctions ^^
          http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390095800396&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

^^ I couldnt’ sleep and figured that was a sign for me to log onto eBay ^^ and it was!

Mmloda
          Participant

Now that was deal Leigha, holly cow…Congrats… ๐Ÿ˜‰

Marzena

PurpleTurtle
            Participant

Holy crap ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ! An OW for 50 bucks! Sweet deal ๐Ÿ˜‰ .

Leigha
              Participant

yeah, he’s quite damaged/poorly repaired but he’s gonna be preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetty soon enough ๐Ÿ˜‰ *is so excited!*

Leigha
                Participant

Purpledoggy, I’ll buy that fledgie off you if you don’t want to keep it ๐Ÿ˜€ $40?

LadyFirebird
                  Participant

Great deal, Leigha on that OW! You know at that price there is going to be some damage. I recently ‘won’ a pair of dragons, a peacock male and an emerald fledge, for $56! The seller told about some damage on the male but said the fledgie was perfect–we’ll see. I figured for $56, I couldn’t go wrong. I did contact the seller as to proper packing of the items but again, we’ll see. Have not heard anything yet and hope to get this next week. I’m sure we’ll have some work for Kyrin! ๐Ÿ˜€

Nicole
                    Participant

that’s too bad about the damage to both those pieces. The white’s dont look too yellow from the photo. Is the photo decieving me? MY white lap came from a smokers house I think and I actually think her being that more golden color looks better than my mint scratcher who isnt so golden. I guess damages can be good sometimes ๐Ÿ˜€ Good luck repairing your OW leigha. DO you repair them yourself?

Laurie
                      Participant

I bought the pair with the hopes of keeping the fledge. They are more yellow then the pictures shows. I’m trying to get a picture of them but my camera is acting up so I may have to find my old digital to get a better pictures. I wish I could find an old warrior for $50 bucks lol.

Leigha
                        Participant

Nah, I don’t repair them. I’m enlisting the talent and skillz of Drag0nfeathers for this one.

My white hatching royalty are much more gold than my white lap dragon or my white fledgie, but they don’t smell like smoke to me. I had a white emperor once that was VERY golden…I didn’t like him much and sold him or something.

NirvanaCat13
                          Participant

purpledoggy wrote:

I bought the pair with the hopes of keeping the fledge. They are more yellow then the pictures shows. I’m trying to get a picture of them but my camera is acting up so I may have to find my old digital to get a better pictures. I wish I could find an old warrior for $50 bucks lol.

It really helps to show the perspective in color if you put a really white one next to the yellowed ones, then even with a flash you can pick out the difference, also using a white overhead light and no flash on the camera can help show the real coloring, I’d still put up a white White to compare if you can. And yea I know this from personal experience >.<

LadyFirebird
                            Participant

Well I did get a reply from the seller about those 2 dragons I got–will get them Tuesday and she apologized for not getting to me sooner–was looking for work and her computer was down. I bought these dragons for the emerald fledge because I didn’t have one–the peacock I’ll get repaired and who knows–might be a good trade for something. ๐Ÿ™‚

Maria
                              Participant

Oh boy, congrats to both of you!
                                Purpledoggy, I still think you got a good deal. I’m sure they can be made presentable.

Jodi
                                Participant

Those are both really good deals, even with damage. Congrats to you both!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.