fbpx

Different Casting for Brown Male?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Different Casting for Brown Male?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie
    Participant

Thanks! ๐Ÿ˜€

Joshmo4evr
      Participant

Melody wrote:

Stephanie wrote:

Well, I’m always trying to find things that make my pieces ‘special’, so forgive me if I’m showing my lack of Windstone knowledge with a silly question.

I just bought a brown family off of ebay. They’re beautiful, with the darker stripe down their spine.

The question I have though is regarding the male – specifically his face. His eyes seem more ‘hooded’, and he looks like he’s about to fall asleep. I looked closer, and noticed that the shape of his scales are different when compared to my silver. He’s also lacking some detail around his eye. Did you make changes to the male mold recently?

Thanks for your time! The older Male dragons did have different eyelids. Our first “production master” that the molds were cast off of were made of gypsum and the eyelids almost always broke when we cast a mold.I needed to replace, and recarve the eyelid with wax each time we cast a new mold. I didn’t recarve the individual pieces, each dragon cast out of the same mold will have the same eyelids, but there were lots of molds. The most extreme example of the squinty eyelids is the “Wedding Cake” male dragon. (Who ended up with that one? Maybe you could post a pic? He is also pictured in our ebay gallery if you’d like to see him.) I sculpted the eyelids so close together on that male that we could hardly get the eyes in. He looked really evil. The later males were cast from an epoxy master . I made the eyes permanently nice and open.

So where is the ebay gallery? I tried to look. I’d like to see a picture of this “Wedding Cake” dragon ๐Ÿ™‚

Stephanie
        Participant
        Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.