fbpx

Did Anyone Watch Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Did Anyone Watch Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Bob

emerald212 wrote:

ddvm wrote:

emerald212 wrote:

I don’t watch American Idol, but I do watch ANTM. It started up another season last night.

My guilty pleasure – I am so NOT into fashion but I got hooked on the show. Mostly to watch how the girls interact. Renee is already annoying the heck out of me and can you believe Jael’s mother is black? Genetics are a funny thing.

Yeah. Jael is pretty cool, actually. I like her. Renee is pretty but is starting to be annoying. And can you believe Natasha is married to a 40 year old man? She must have been a mail order bride. She bugs me too, trying to put her ideas of how women should behave on the other girls. Annoying. I like Brittany. I hope she does well. Her photo was stunning.
      OK what is wrong with being a 40 year old man?? Asks the 40 year old man???

Jodi
      Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

emerald212 wrote:

ddvm wrote:

emerald212 wrote:

I don’t watch American Idol, but I do watch ANTM. It started up another season last night.

My guilty pleasure – I am so NOT into fashion but I got hooked on the show. Mostly to watch how the girls interact. Renee is already annoying the heck out of me and can you believe Jael’s mother is black? Genetics are a funny thing.

Yeah. Jael is pretty cool, actually. I like her. Renee is pretty but is starting to be annoying. And can you believe Natasha is married to a 40 year old man? She must have been a mail order bride. She bugs me too, trying to put her ideas of how women should behave on the other girls. Annoying. I like Brittany. I hope she does well. Her photo was stunning.
        OK what is wrong with being a 40 year old man?? Asks the 40 year old man???

Nothing. I’m a 41 year old woman, so it doesn’t bother me. But she’s an 18 year old girl that is from Russia. Her husband is a 40 year old man from the U.S. It just smells of Mail Order Bride to me.

Jodi
        Participant

dragonessjade wrote:

I think I have watched that when nothing else was on.

There was this one show where they had to do a photo shoot in like a circus type setting?

Yeah. I think that was last season or the one before.

Natasha was an 18 year old girl from Russia when she married the 40 year old. But she said he completely changed her life and she owes him everything so it sounds like it worked out. She really wanted to come to the US.

edited because I said Jael when it was Natasha

Jodi
          Participant

ddvm wrote:

Natasha was an 18 year old girl from Russia when she married the 40 year old. But she said he completely changed her life and she owes him everything so it sounds like it worked out. She really wanted to come to the US.

I think if she becomes a model and gets citizenship (does she have it already?) and/or rich, she will d-i-v-o-r-c-e him. He was just the stepping stone for her to come to the US. At least, that’s what it sounds like. She says it worked out, but she doesn’t talk about him like she misses him or loves him. She said she learned how to say “I love you” in English as one of the first things. Can we say “manipulative”?

Bob

sounds VERY fishy to me also

emerald212 wrote:

dragonessjade wrote:

I think I have watched that when nothing else was on.

There was this one show where they had to do a photo shoot in like a circus type setting?

Yeah. I think that was last season or the one before.
              haha, that tells you I don’t watch it very often.

lamortefille
              Participant

Ha Ha! I know of a few of mail order bride situations. The bride of one guy ran off after a year or two. Can’t say I blame her. He actually bought a replacement. The second pair are still together, but he treats her well, so maybe she’ll stick around. The third pair, the guy beats her and the woman is afraid of her own shadow. He has a heart problem and I want to tell her to feed him lots of KFC and other heart stopping foods. The fourth pair, the guy is a drunk and the woman plays dumb, I think, biding her time. You really have to wonder what their lives are like in their own countries to get into these situations.

You would think that the person ordering the bride would want to treat them well so they stick around. To me ordering someone to be a bride in a way is desperate. But it could be that they just wanted someone from that country.

Bob

dragonessjade wrote:

You would think that the person ordering the bride would want to treat them well so they stick around. To me ordering someone to be a bride in a way is desperate. But it could be that they just wanted someone from that country.

Most of the men that would order a bride are total losers and would not be able to find one on their own here

dragonessjade wrote:

It seems pretty risky too. I mean, what are the chances that someone you never interacted with personally for any length of time will turn out to be compatible?

I was watching the NBA on TNT last night and evidently Reggie Miller and Kenny the Jet were watching 5th grader rather than the Bulls stomping all over the Magic. During half time of the second game they mentioned it and one said to the other “you missed a couple of the questions, too”.

I like watching the kids – they are SO amused by the adults. Jeff Foxworthy said something about a turkey that really cracked up one of the boys. Scary how poorly the adults do…I’ve only seen the kids give one wrong answer.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.