fbpx

Did anyone else feel that?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Did anyone else feel that?

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    twindragonsmum
    Participant

Nothing serious, but I’m glad to have a bit of extra water, canned stuff, and secure Windstone shelves.

Secure shelves are a definite must ‘specially for Windstones. Also museum putty or wax to keep said Windstones on said shelves…

Maplecarver, were you in the area for the Loma Prieta quake ’89 during the World Series? Preparedness is second nature for me. Heaven forbid if supplies in the pantry start to look skimpy. There have been times when those emergency supplies have come in handy. Being without water sucks! We’ve got emergency kits for each family member and not just in the house but also the cars and the garden shed… I’ve always been grateful that I didn’t live in Tornado Alley. Have family that does and I don’t know how they can! Give me a quake any day over a tornado 😉

tdm 🙂

tdm

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/04/24/idaho-shaken-quakes/26288447/

Yay we made big(er) news!

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
      www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
      Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Melissa
      Participant

Hi TDM, yep, I was pretty young then, and in a sturdy building in a rural area. It shook for a long time though. We had an above-ground swimming pool, and it knocked a fair bit of the water out. Funny part was, my Father was driving home, so didn’t feel anything, we told him about it, and he was skeptical about our dramatic report, till he saw the low water level in the pool!

IMO little quakes are a good thing. It’s good for the Earth to release stress in small, safe portions than build up and release it in bigger bursts. (So I’m hoping the ground under Idaho will be comfy for a while!)

I’m fine bracing for Earthquakes, and dealing with droughts and the danger of wildfires, but facing tornado, hurricane, or even a bit of snow, that’s way too much for me!

Kim
        Blocked

Did everyone her about the major 7.8 earthquake in Nepal yesterday that killed over 2500 and injured over 5000? That is really sad. It’s good no one was hurt in Idaho.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Hi Trina,

Northern, a little East of both SF and Berkeley. I traveled south a time or two, and wish we had museums like yours!

I’m more in the San Bernardino area and they aren’t that I’m impressive but, the one in LA is like a freaking awesome!!

I will say, this week has been hectic and not much has gone on because of health concerns although the weather has been crazy! We had a crazy windstorm last week with 70-80 mph winds and record setting gust clocked at 102 mph on the mountain behind my home knocking out the power in most of the area and then a 3.4 earthquake under the lake today! And now the cat is freaking out again. Aftershocks?

Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

pdlucich
          Participant

Very scary wind storm! Some people still without power, and the season’s first snow on the ground. We fortunately did not lose power, but we did lose our internet (yes, pathetic whine. Cue world’s smallest violin :p). Didn’t get it back until yesterday. Now it looks like our forum friends to the east are about to get hit. I hope none of you lose power!

It's not hoarding if it's books!
            Cat hair -- condiment and fashion accessory!

Kim
            Blocked

I hope it gets better for you guys! I haven’t really gone out much since it’s been snowing the last few days but it’s supposed to be nicer tomorrow here.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Very scary wind storm! Some people still without power, and the season’s first snow on the ground. We fortunately did not lose power, but we did lose our internet (yes, pathetic whine. Cue world’s smallest violin :p). Didn’t get it back until yesterday. Now it looks like our forum friends to the east are about to get hit. I hope none of you lose power!

Don’t you live 20 minutes from me? How was it over in cocolala? Did you feel the quake over there?

GardenNinja
              Participant

tiny violin

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

pdlucich
                Participant

96037:
                  Yeah, I felt that one. Scared my Mom. It’s kind of funny, she didn’t notice the one in April and it was stronger!

gardenninja: :D!

It's not hoarding if it's books!
                  Cat hair -- condiment and fashion accessory!

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.