fbpx

Did anyone else feel that?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Did anyone else feel that?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

We just had a small earthquake up here in north idaho, 14 miles from my town. I have freinds confirming they felt it as far as Heron/Noxon MT area. Did anyone else feel it?

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/us200028q3#general_summary

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
    www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
    Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

pdlucich
    Participant

yeah, we felt it 20 mi south of sandpoint.

It's not hoarding if it's books!
      Cat hair -- condiment and fashion accessory!

Oh, another one, that one felt stronger and was closer, 9 miles from my house.
      4.2, and 9 miles ESE of Sandpoint/Ponderay
      http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/us200028ri#general_summary

Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Not here, I’m in Southern California. Too far.

Prezaurian
      Participant

Not here in Georgia either, also too far. But I can say that we have had an earthquake in our area a year or so ago. About 3-4 on the scale. So I can say, yeah it is a SURREAL experience to have your whole house shake. At first we thought it was a jet flying way, way, way too low. Then thought maybe it was some sort of crash. Right until we went outside and found everyone else in our neighborhood had poured outside too!

So you definitely have sympathies. It is a nerve inducing experience! Especially when the event is extremely rare in your area!

We had 3 total. There was a 3.3 at 1:30 am with the same epicenter as the second. Earthquake lights were spotted for all three events, the latter two firing over the lake. Awesomeness. ๐Ÿ™‚

EDIT:

A FOURTH! There was another little one this morning, a 3.0 this time!

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/uw60110008#general_summary

twindragonsmum
        Participant

Nope, not here in Utah – but having grown up in Cali I’m not as tuned in to little shakers as most folks here seem to be… I must say I do miss ’em and no one here knows anything about earthquake weather either ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

tdm ๐Ÿ™‚

tdm

Nope, not here in Utah – but having grown up in Cali I’m not as tuned in to little shakers as most folks here seem to be… I must say I do miss ’em and no one here knows anything about earthquake weather either ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

tdm ๐Ÿ™‚

What part of Utah? I live in Magna it’s just below the great salt lake. I was also raised in Cali, crazy we almost sound the same!!

Lived not live

twindragonsmum
          Participant

Hiya! *waves* Orem, at the mouth of Provo Canyon; used to be in West Jordsn… Which part of Cali? *EDIT* Southern Cali – smacks noggin’… I grew up in the Bay Area

tdm ๐Ÿ™‚

tdm

Hiya! *waves* Orem, at the mouth of Provo Canyon; used to be in West Jordsn… Which part of Cali? *EDIT* Southern Cali – smacks noggin’… I grew up in the Bay Area

tdm ๐Ÿ™‚

Really!? When I first moved to utah I was living in taylorsville, then West Jordan and then we got a house in magna but we lost it. I live in redlands it’s by San Bernardino, I was born San Bernardino but grew up and raised in redlands. I am used to the earthquakes and the Santa Ana winds, the utes thought I was weird.:)

Mary
            Participant

Interesting article on new study of earthquakes;

Californiaโ€™s โ€˜Big Oneโ€™ could trigger super cycle of destructive quakes โ€“ study

http://rt.com/usa/252549-california-big-one-earthquake-cycle/

They’ve also found a connection between man-made earthquakes from fracking & the increase in numbers of quakes

Melissa
              Participant

We had a tiny shiver of a quake yesterday evening, in the East Bay, California. I was on the phone with my sister (local) and we both felt it.

Nothing serious, but I’m glad to have a bit of extra water, canned stuff, and secure Windstone shelves.

Are you in so Cali maple?

Melissa
                Participant

Hi Trina,

Northern, a little East of both SF and Berkeley. I traveled south a time or two, and wish we had museums like yours!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.