fbpx

ddvm

Home Forums Miscellany Community ddvm

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

I am very sad to make this post.

After 3 and a half years of living with an aggressive lung cancer, our friend ddvm/Pam Duddy has left us. Her obituary is here: http://therossifuneralhome.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=1453802&fh_id=12388

As mentioned on that page, it is requested that if you want to send something, to donate to one of the charities in Pam’s name instead of sending flowers/etc. I have been in touch with her sister, and if it is important that you get in touch with her please contact me.

We will all miss her, and those of us that knew her in person know that she was a very kind, generous, and wonderful individual. I can’t say enough good things about her, and I greatly admire that after she was diagnosed, she decided to kick cancer’s ass for years longer than expected, and she lived each moment as fully as she could.

I shouldn’t have to say this, but it has happened in the past that in cases of someone passing away some forum members have acted less than politely, and so I must: Right now, requests about her collection are highly inappropriate and if I find out that someone bothers her family about it my wrath will be swift. Don’t do this. Thanks for your thoughtfulness in this hard time for her friends and family.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

dragonmedley
      Participant

Oh no! And she had been doing rather well in her fight… My deepest condolences to her family. She will be greatly missed.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Stephanie
        Participant

Oh no. ๐Ÿ™ My thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends.

fairyhearted
          Participant

That’s so sad… It’s crazy, after reading her obituary I realize that she lived very near to me. It’s too bad I didn’t get a chance to know her better.

WolfenMachine
            Participant

Hearing this does make me cry. I didn’t know her well, but I remember reading when Melody did the charity auction old warrior for her, and reading Pam’s story. I am thankful she was around so long as she was. Im very sad to hear she has left us. :'(

Scathach
              Participant

My condolences. I didn’t know her, but through reading her posts, she seemed to be a very kind-hearted person. I’m sure she will be missed by those who knew and loved her.

Life is beautiful.

Laurie
                Participant

She was a wonderful lady. I’ve had the honor of talking to her on the phone many times and count her as a friend. She will be sorely missed by me as well. Rest in peace sweet lady. :((

Riversgrace
                  Participant

I’m very sorry to hear this. ๐Ÿ™ I didn’t know her personally, but just reading her posts she sounded strong hearted and kind. My condolences for her family’s loss. She will be missed from the Windstone family…

Adaneth
                    Participant

Very sorry to hear of her passing. Thank you for letting us know, Jennifer.

littleironhorse
                      Participant

This is so sad. Although I didn’t know her very well, I did exchange a few PMs with her on occasion and found her to be absolutely lovely.

Please give my condolences to her family if you get a chance.

I am so sad, I thought for sure after all this time she was in remission & that she had beaten it. Since it has been so long since she was diagnosed & seemed to be well, I had hoped it meant she’d won the fight & would be with us for a long time. I will miss her, she was a really sweet lady. Tell her family & friends that we loved her very much & will miss her always, she was a wonderful person.

Kyrin

Kiya
                        Participant

This is really awful for her family I’m sure. I didn’t know her personally, but she always seemed to be a wonderful person from what I observed.

My thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends.

Jinya
                          Participant

My deepest condolences. A prayer for her family and friends.

Misty
                            Participant

Sorry to hear this. I wish her family and friends the best.

HUGS

fatalbeauty
                              Participant

sorry to hear this…. ๐Ÿ™

4 things I'm looking for:
                                1. Mother Meerkat
                                2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                                3. Female Griffin โ€“ Siamese with White
                                4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.