fbpx

Daydreamer's Art – New stuff! p.4

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Daydreamer's Art – New stuff! p.4

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • Author

Here’s my latest painting I thought I would share:

Its the largest watercolor I’ve painted to date (11×14) and its a portrait of a friend’s cat πŸ™‚

Adaneth
    Participant

Gorgeous! πŸ˜€ Hope your friend loves it!

machineguts
      Participant

I freaked out when I saw this on your FB, this is just so amazing daydreamer! I LOVE how you painted the wings!

twindragonsmum
        Participant

daydreamer wrote:

Here’s my latest painting I thought I would share:

Its the largest watercolor I’ve painted to date (11×14) and its a portrait of a friend’s cat πŸ™‚

Absolutely STUNNING!!! What do you charge for kitty portraits?

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

twindragonsmum wrote:

Absolutely STUNNING!!! What do you charge for kitty portraits?

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

I have pricing for my stock sizes on my site here: http://www.faeriecat.com/cat-portrait-gallery/ But I can give you a price on a custom size if there’s something else you had in mind, just let me know πŸ™‚

PurpleTurtle
          Participant

Awe! Pretty kitty. I love it πŸ˜€ . I also really like the texture of the background. I’m curious, how is that effect accomplished?

’tis one awesome himalayan/persian kitty!! 8) Keep the creativity coming!

purpleturtle wrote:

Awe! Pretty kitty. I love it πŸ˜€ . I also really like the texture of the background. I’m curious, how is that effect accomplished?

magic salt. πŸ˜€ haha. i wet the entire part that i want to have the effect with clean water. then i add in wet color randomly and while its still very wet, i sprinkle coarsely ground sea salt onto it. let it dry. then brush away the dried salt. pretty simple. sometimes i go back in with a darker color and add depth to the pattern that the salt made. you can use regular table salt, but that gives it more of a uniform effect since the grains are all the same size.

PurpleTurtle
            Participant

Hmm…
              Sea salt you say ? I may have to give that technique a try when I’m doing watercolors again. Thanks, Daydreamer πŸ˜€ !

daydreamer wrote:

purpleturtle wrote:

magic salt. πŸ˜€ haha. i wet the entire part that i want to have the effect with clean water. then i add in wet color randomly and while its still very wet, i sprinkle coarsely ground sea salt onto it. let it dry. then brush away the dried salt. pretty simple. sometimes i go back in with a darker color and add depth to the pattern that the salt made. you can use regular table salt, but that gives it more of a uniform effect since the grains are all the same size.

Hannah
              Participant

OMG Daydreamer – your art is SO awesome!! I love your watercolor paintings and I’m really tempted to get something from your etsy store πŸ™‚ Also, you’ve made me want to try sculpting! I love your green kitty πŸ™‚

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Kelly
                Participant

Nice job. I like how they have a stained glass effect. Really cute! πŸ™‚

thanks so much yeral and crowfeather πŸ™‚

megamibabe16
                  Participant

Your kitties are always so gorgeous and adorable.

Some of my latest art, if anyone is interested…

(poor cats turned out weird in their eyes… little zombie cats, lol!) an experiment using watercolor and colored pencil. not sure i like the outcome.

Adaneth
                    Participant

I love how you depict cats. Beautiful work! πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.