fbpx

Dance of glorious victory! (Novel writing)

Home Forums Miscellany General Writing Discussion Dance of glorious victory! (Novel writing)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    SPark
    Participant

It’s done!

I can’t believe it.

I was half thinking that this last little bit would just not come (inspiration was stubbornly absent for a bit there) and that I was going to be left with 99.9% of a novel unfinished, and that just like everything else I’d set it aside and never come back to it, but it’s DONE!

Needs editing like whoa, but all the same…

Holy crap!

61,687 words in less than 9 days.
      79,663 words total
      130 single spaced pages.

Holy. Freaking. Crap.

Stephanie
      Participant

WooHoo! Congratulations!

Leigha
        Participant

^^ congrats again, and you have a hooked reader now πŸ˜‰

SPark
          Participant

πŸ™‚

I’m very glad you enjoyed it!

Dude, talk about exciting! I’m so glad to hear it! There’s just … something so wonderful about hitting the right story. All it takes is inspiration, but it’s so rare to find the perfect motivation! Congratulations! I’m off to check out what you have.

SPark
            Participant

Thank you all for the congrats! I’m still posting pages of this new novel, we’re almost done with part 1.

And, er… I’ve started a second one! This is kind of addicting. I expect this one will take a little longer though. I’ve slowed down some.

Leigha
              Participant

*squeals!*

πŸ˜€ yay for a new one!

SPark
                Participant

Sadly the new one isn’t going to happen any time soon. I’ve gotten stuck, and I’ve barely started it. (And I had a big argument with my boyfriend about it, and I’m still ticked off at him. Bleah.) I’m working on some short stories instead.

Leigha
                  Participant

I read the short stories you have up, and those were awesome too πŸ™‚

dragonmedley
                    Participant

SPark wrote:

61,687 words in less than 9 days.
                      79,663 words total
                      130 single spaced pages.

Holy. Freaking. Crap.

You can say that again! Congrats!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

SPark
                      Participant

I don’t know if anybody from here is still reading, but I had somebody make an excellent suggestion to me.

I am broke.

VERY broke. This last month has just been a kind of freak month and I’ve had near to zero income. Still! And the bills don’t go away. But I refuse to just beg for money.

I am quite willing, however, to sell stuff. And one of my friends who was very impatient to read the whole novel and didn’t want to wait two more months for the daily updates suggested I just sell it.

I can’t afford to have it printed, but if you would like a complete virtual version of Blood Choice, so you don’t have to wait to see how it ends, you can get one for $10. I take paypal, check, money order, or cash. πŸ˜€

Stephanie
                        Participant

Good luck with selling!

Have you considered using Lulu.com? It has no cost to you – they just take a percentage of each book you sell.

SPark
                          Participant

I may eventually. But I may not. Publishing through Lulu basically means that I can never publish it through a real publishing house, pretty much.

SPark
                            Participant

I am on such a writing kick lately! I’ve been re-doing some of my very old crappy stories, and I just finished re-writing one that’s all about dragons. πŸ™‚ Will probably be web-publishing it eventually.

Leigha
                              Participant

yay!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.