fbpx

Dance of glorious victory! (Novel writing)

Home Forums Miscellany General Writing Discussion Dance of glorious victory! (Novel writing)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    twindragonsmum
    Participant

Vampires for SPark….

I’ll start reading a bit later. How do you manage that word count? I’ve only done picture books for children (nothing published yet but at least’ve sold some) Good work!

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

Leigha
      Participant

>.< I hate waiting for the end of stories!

Stephanie
        Participant

Wow, that’s incredible! Yay you!

I’m going to do NaNoWriMo this year…and I’m going to start at creative writing club for my school and see if I can’t get any kiddos to write a novel too. πŸ˜€

SPark
          Participant

*laughs at vampire cats*

I’m 90% done. I expect to be finished within a week, and to have several months worth up daily updates for the web novel page.

And if you don’t like unfinished stories, you can still read Blood and Fire, my original one, and any of the other finished short stories I have there. Just don’t start Blood Choice, and you won’t have to worry about being left hanging.

But I’m sure I’ll finish it.

dragonmedley
            Participant

50K? 😯 OMG! In a week?

How many words did you have when you picked the story back up?

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

SPark
              Participant

I had 17,000 done when I started, but I’m not counting those. The story is actually 67,000 long right now. πŸ˜€

Adaneth
                Participant

Congrats on the great word count! πŸ˜€

Maria
                  Participant

That’s great, SPark. I know how long it can take to write 50,000 words – I’ve done it! πŸ˜† I’ll go look at your work now.

SPark
                    Participant

I shall now note, for the sake of people who don’t like to start reading stories that never get finished, that I just started writing out the climactic final scene. So it’s like… 99.99% done. Just this scene, and a nice little epilogue, and we’re all done.

But I think I’d better go sleep now. Writing more while this tired might result in some odd writing.

Leigha
                      Participant

yay! ^^ I started the one you suggested I read and I’m hooked, I hated having to go to work and stop reading >.< couldn't take it to work with me and read on my breaks either…grr…

Leigha
                        Participant

2:30am…tired…I got lost reading….need sleep I love your story Spark πŸ™‚ *sleepily heads off to bed and dreams of having wings* ^^

SPark
                          Participant

Hee. I’m glad you like it!

I wish I had wings too. My characters are sooooooooooooo Mary Sue* sometimes. They do all the things I always wished I could do. But I guess they’re not total Mary Sues because sometimes I am so evil to them!

*Mary Sue is when you write a story where the main character is actually you, and you are way too powerful and good and kick everybody’s butt, and usually they’re kind of bad. Usually they’re also done in fan fiction, like writing yourself into Harry Potter and having Harry fall in love with you instead of with Ginny, and you’re the one who actually defeats Voldemort, and so on. πŸ˜›

Leigha
                            Participant

Spark, I’m on Chapter 7 part 1, and when I click “next page” it sends me to something called vBuddy? This is the link http://www.topcities.com/docs/errors/404.htm
                              I don’t know how to get to the next chapter/part.

Edit: I typed in “2” instead of “1” in the url and bipassed the link, but I don’t know why it wasn’t just working with the button.

Leigha
                              Participant

I finished chapter 7 part 8 and it seems to stop there, is there an end to the story? πŸ™‚

SPark
                                Participant

The “read by chapters” from the front page is the best way to get them all without bugs. There are 9 chapters, and an epilogue. I’ll go see about fixing those problems.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.