fbpx

Dance of glorious victory! (Novel writing)

Home Forums Miscellany General Writing Discussion Dance of glorious victory! (Novel writing)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    SPark
    Participant

I’m so stoked that I have to share this everywhere!

I was working on a writing project months ago, and abandoned it. On May 1st I picked it up again and started writing. I just got inspired, and today I passed the 50,000 word mark!

That is the length generally considered long enough to qualify as a novel, and is the goal of the National Novel Writing Month, which I’ve never taken part in before, as I didn’t think I could write a novel in a month.

But I just wrote a novel in a WEEK. (Well, 8 days, but then one of those days I was out camping, and didn’t get to write so much as a word.)

*Does victory dance*

Although it’s not actually done. I still have most of the last chapter left to finish. But I just had to share!

SPark
      Participant

Leigha
        Participant

congrats!

twindragonsmum
          Participant

Good on you!!!! That can be a tough goal to attain. Congrats! Do we get a synopsis?

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

Pegasi1978
            Participant

Congrats!

Leigha
              Participant

twindragonsmum wrote:

Good on you!!!! That can be a tough goal to attain. Congrats! Do we get a synopsis?

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

oooh yes, do we get to read it? πŸ˜€

SPark
                Participant

Actually yes! I’m using it as material for my Web Novel project.

A web novel is like a web comic, only instead of regular updates of pictures, you get regular updates with chunks of text. I had stopped updating it, because I’d posted all of my previously finished material, but now that I’ve got this nearly done, I’ve already put up the first few pages.

http://bladespark.topcities.com/story

(Synopsis-wise, it’s a sort of fantasy/horror/sci-fi fusion about a future with vampires. I kind of like vampires…)

Pegasi1978
                  Participant

I’ll be sure to check it out later. I’m feeling under the weather today and my eyes are starting to hurt after being on the computer for less than an hour. I’m gonna go curl up under a blanket and try to rest as much as my toddler will let me.

siberakh1
                    Participant

Ooooh, congrats! I’ll have to take a peak if I get a free minute at work!

twindragonsmum
                      Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

I’ll be sure to check it out later. I’m feeling under the weather today and my eyes are starting to hurt after being on the computer for less than an hour. I’m gonna go curl up under a blanket and try to rest as much as my toddler will let me.

I’m sorry you aren’t feeling well; I’m not either. I’ve had the creepin’ crud for almost 3 weeks now and am currently taking Vicodin for the headache; which makes weirder than normal…. Feel better soon!

twindragonsmum

tdm

Leigha
                        Participant

I’m on page six and I love the story so far!

SPark
                          Participant

Are you reading the new stuff, or did you start from the very beginning at page 1 of the very first story? *curious*

Leigha
                            Participant

started from the beginning

SPark
                              Participant

Spiffy.

I’m not completely happy with everything in the earlier stories, but they’re pretty good, overall. πŸ˜€

Leigha
                                Participant

have you finished the whole story? or am I going to get half way through and pester you every day for more? 😈

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.