fbpx

Curios and Shelving to Show off your WIndstone..

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Curios and Shelving to Show off your WIndstone..

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Skigod377
    Participant

And your little PYO is all by his lonesome. You need to fix that… another purchase seems in order. πŸ˜‰

You know that IS the answer to every problem: “Buy another one”

“My PYO looks so sad and lonely- I’ll buy another one!”

“Eeeh gads it just broke- I’ll buy another one!”

“I have no more room for my Windstone display- I know, I’ll BUY another Windstone cabinet!”

Ahhh, what a good, sound answer for all Windstone woes

Participant

CherylKaufman wrote:

You know that IS the answer to every problem: “Buy another one”

“My PYO looks so sad and lonely- I’ll buy another one!”

“Eeeh gads it just broke- I’ll buy another one!”

“I have no more room for my Windstone display- I know, I’ll BUY another Windstone cabinet!”

Ahhh, what a good, sound answer for all Windstone woes

πŸ˜†

πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Participant

My $1.05 about glass cabinets/shelves. I really like mine and I’m not afraid of glass, but there are a few things you need to keep in mind:

1.)The shelves are only going to be as strong as the holders that that hold the glass. Make sure the holders are metal. I have found some of the cheaper makes of furniture have coated plastic plugs the same color a metal, so don’t be fooled.

2.) Make sure the glass is tempered. And of course, as many people have noted don’t overload and make sure the weight is distributed evenly.

3.) My shelves are square and are supported from underneath by rubber stoppers (not plugs). Glass can bow a very little bit to handle weight, but the longer the glass (i.e. rectangular) the less weight it can hold.

4.) All glass and especially tempered glass can break if a sharp point hits it near the center. I have a small figurine that likes to fall over every time I dust it. I don’t think it has enough momentum to cause a problem, but I have be more careful with it.

Here are my shelves. I don’t remember the brand, some Fred Meyer (all goods) store brand I think. They were designed to be one side of an entertainment center so they are pretty solid.

wolflodge100
          Participant

I have 2 Pulaski curio cabinets. I like the workmanship on them and they are made in America. Heres the one I have my big cat collection in.

wow, i love your cats, wolflodge!

wolflodge100
            Participant

Thanks! πŸ˜€

Jodi
              Participant

Those cats are beautiful, Wolf! Especially that lion head one in the middle! love love love!

Aw they are fab wolf! I love the big leapod? one in the middle 8)

wolflodge100
                Participant

emerald212 wrote:

Those cats are beautiful, Wolf! Especially that lion head one in the middle! love love love!

That lion is a Rick Cain peice. I only have 2 and my cats broke the other one, it has a wolf and 2 eagles πŸ˜₯

wolflodge100
                  Participant

Griffiness wrote:

Aw they are fab wolf! I love the big leapod? one in the middle 8)

He is a leopard, made by country artists πŸ˜€

Maria
                    Participant

Now those are some cats I really like. What a cool collection, Wolf. 😯

lamortefille
                      Participant

Beautiful curio and cat collection, wolf: -)

keschete
                        Participant

I checked about this curio…because it is my favorite so far… so I emailed Howard Miller….

The shelves will hold 25 pounds evenly dstributed across the shelf. This is according to the service people at Howard Miller. I can weigh my pieces before I buy anything and I can put my Old Warriors on the bottom.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.