fbpx

Creatures from El – update about postal, etc progress!

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Creatures from El – update about postal, etc progress!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 178 total)
  • Author
    Arlla
    Participant

sunhawk wrote:

Arlla wrote:

I love El’s stuff so much! The snails and cephlopods especially…I’m getting a decent collection now 0_0 like I really need something else to collect. Luckily she agreed to hang on to my latest aquisitions until after I move so they don’t have to endure too much travel…

Sounds like your collection rivals mine πŸ˜‰

Sheesh…I REALLY don’t have the space for this stuff now! XD Our new house is smaller than the one we’ve been in this past year…yikes. I’m glad she hasn’t been putting much up for sale lately!

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
      -J R R Tolkien

Skylover
      Participant

Got mine yesterday! Her new shipping methods work. Not one spine was broken! They’re even better in person!

I do have one question though. The ones that I got are coated with a rubbery substance that I’m not quite sure how to clean. I’m afraid that if they get any dust on them at all that I’ll never be able to get it off. Does anyone have any advice on this?

Arlla wrote:

sunhawk wrote:

Arlla wrote:

I love El’s stuff so much! The snails and cephlopods especially…I’m getting a decent collection now 0_0 like I really need something else to collect. Luckily she agreed to hang on to my latest aquisitions until after I move so they don’t have to endure too much travel…

Sheesh…I REALLY don’t have the space for this stuff now! XD Our new house is smaller than the one we’ve been in this past year…yikes. I’m glad she hasn’t been putting much up for sale lately!

Oh I’m the same, my room is filled with all sorts of strange creatures including my Windstones

You have no idea how many of them she sometimes has, it’s like an ARMY of crazy LOL

I visited El last weekend and I was lucky enough to see some of the new stuff she’s been working on OMG! I have been sworn to secrecy so I can’t say exactly what but it knocked my socks off! XD

Skylover wrote:

Got mine yesterday! Her new shipping methods work. Not one spine was broken! They’re even better in person!

I do have one question though. The ones that I got are coated with a rubbery substance that I’m not quite sure how to clean. I’m afraid that if they get any dust on them at all that I’ll never be able to get it off. Does anyone have any advice on this?

As far as I know, that is the new coating to protect them from breaking. I would send El an email about cleaning but I’m pretty sure they can be dusted with a duster and probably even a bit of water wouldn’t hurt? I don’t think dust will stick to it or anything but it’s a good thing to investigate

I will send El an email about putting up some info about proper care and cleaning of her creatures ^_^

El emailed me back and said she’s double-checking but she’s pretty sure the coating makes them waterproof ^_^

Woot woot communication! πŸ˜€

Skylover
        Participant

sunhawk wrote:

El emailed me back and said she’s double-checking but she’s pretty sure the coating makes them waterproof ^_^

Woot woot communication! πŸ˜€

I sent her an email as well and she gave some advice on cleaning them. Now I’m just trying to figure out what I want next!

Arlla
          Participant

sunhawk wrote:

Arlla wrote:

sunhawk wrote:

Arlla wrote:

Oh I’m the same, my room is filled with all sorts of strange creatures including my Windstones

You have no idea how many of them she sometimes has, it’s like an ARMY of crazy LOL

I visited El last weekend and I was lucky enough to see some of the new stuff she’s been working on OMG! I have been sworn to secrecy so I can’t say exactly what but it knocked my socks off! XD

Ack, you TEASE! XD But is any of the new stuff going to make it onto the internet for sale?? I suffer knowing that some of the really awesome ones just can’t be shipped. I wish she would at least post pictures of them…I would LOVE to see more of that gnarly red dragon that she posted the head of a while back…

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
            -J R R Tolkien

Arlla wrote:

sunhawk wrote:

Arlla wrote:

sunhawk wrote:

Arlla wrote:

Ack, you TEASE! XD But is any of the new stuff going to make it onto the internet for sale?? I suffer knowing that some of the really awesome ones just can’t be shipped. I wish she would at least post pictures of them…I would LOVE to see more of that gnarly red dragon that she posted the head of a while back…

Don’t worry, at the very least I will bug her to give me pics of the new stuff and other things she’s been working on to fill out the other parts of her website, like the Installation and 2D section, which I think fit some of the more ambitious projects, art-wise ^_^

I don’t know offhand what’s going to be for sale online and what’s not but I think her new finishing method will make a lot more stuff online-sellable πŸ˜€

Oh you want to see Big Red? (that’s not what he’s called, that’s how I think of him) I’ll see what I can do about getting a better shot of him up, he’s HUGE, I think even bigger than the Emporer dragon! LOL

Jennifer
            Keymaster

He was the one I wanted to buy- had no idea he was so big (and therefore impossible to ship, even if she wanted to sell him to me) πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
              My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer wrote:

He was the one I wanted to buy- had no idea he was so big (and therefore impossible to ship, even if she wanted to sell him to me) πŸ™‚

Yeah that’s what she meant when she said he weighs the same as a small child – he really does, because he’s ceramic rather than polymer clay or even foam. I think I’ve helped her move him once or twice; he’s come to a few conventions as an eye-grabber and I think the only way she could sell him would to get a very generous offer at a convention so there would be no shipping cost involved. Plus I cringe at the thought of any of his many, many scales breaking off because he’s very detailed. I believe he took a few weeks to get done, if not a month at least. You know how easy it can be to get attached to art that takes that long to make LOL

Skigod377
              Participant

I got my polar bear yesterday. At first I was a little dissapointed because I thought for the price, he would be more substancial. It only took a bit of time for me to warm up to him and be totally satisfied. He is truly unique. I dont know what these guys are made of but it is very light… like plastic but with a rubber texture. The colors are gorgeous though, and he work is even more awesome in person. She emails back very promptly, too. I may indeed be a repeat customer. πŸ™‚

skigod377 wrote:

I got my polar bear yesterday. At first I was a little dissapointed because I thought for the price, he would be more substancial. It only took a bit of time for me to warm up to him and be totally satisfied. He is truly unique. I dont know what these guys are made of but it is very light… like plastic but with a rubber texture. The colors are gorgeous though, and he work is even more awesome in person. She emails back very promptly, too. I may indeed be a repeat customer. πŸ™‚

I’m glad to hear you were satisfied in the end Ski, I thought he was a really interesting piece! πŸ˜€

This reminds me, I need to plot my next commission from her heh heh ^_^

Just wanted to mentioned that El has just posted a bunch of larger creatures on her Livejournal ^_^

Skigod377
                Participant

Holy cow look at that dragon! The first one! 😯

I am waiting for pics of the cat. She said she had another one and I am thinking of getting it.

skigod377 wrote:

Holy cow look at that dragon! The first one! 😯

I am waiting for pics of the cat. She said she had another one and I am thinking of getting it.

I droooled over that first red dragon, he is absolutely gorgeous πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 178 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.