fbpx

Creatures from El – update about postal, etc progress!

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Creatures from El – update about postal, etc progress!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 178 total)
  • Author

Lokie wrote:

sunhawk wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

sunhawk wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

I really like the style! I wish her pics were a little better so I could see the colors more.

Do you know an affordable way to improve lighting for art photos? ^_^Nope. I dont know crap about photography, but she said she would try to get some lighter pics to me when she gets a chance.

Thats what I meant in the original posts… guess I shoulda said “lighter pics” instead of “better pics.” ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Oh! I do know that it can be a pain to photograph sculptures, I usually try sunlight (being free and strong :X) but I have been investigating how to set up an affordable way to improve lighting, if I perfect anything I will be sure to share it with El ^_^

If El doesn’t get a chance, if you have any particular pic you’d like to see better, I can try my hand at improving it in Photoshop ^_^ I do that for some of the artists I host on my domain ๐Ÿ˜€
    If you are looking for a way to get pretty accurate colors and don’t have the equipment or money for an indoor setup, I’d recommend taking the piece outside, on a slightly overcast day. If it’s not convenient to wait for a day or particular time the sun is covered by clouds, move the piece to an area that is not in direct sunlight. You want ambient lighting. Consider making a reflector box- I’d suggest getting some white foam core boards or matt board (or something similar that reflects light), so that you can put them on the sides of the piece to help bounce light around. You can play around a bit with the backdrop to see what colors and it’s brightness work best. Also, you can have a small piece of the foam board (I think TF said she used a white paper plate before ๐Ÿ™‚ ) that you place in front of the piece if you so choose and can tilt or move to different angles as you photograph. Position it so that it reflects light into dark areas or crevices you might want illuminated.

There is a thread here somewhere on the forum where this was discussed. I’ll look, because at the time, I found it immensely helpful to creating my own setup.

I definitely need to make myself a reflector box, thanks! I sometimes find overcast days lend themsleves to washed out overexposure (which I compensate with on my camera fiddling with the exposure) but it does give better overall light, if still top-oriented ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for the suggestions ^_^

Skigod377
    Participant

sunhawk wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

sunhawk wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

I really like the style! I wish her pics were a little better so I could see the colors more.

Do you know an affordable way to improve lighting for art photos? ^_^Nope. I dont know crap about photography, but she said she would try to get some lighter pics to me when she gets a chance.

Thats what I meant in the original posts… guess I shoulda said “lighter pics” instead of “better pics.” ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Oh! I do know that it can be a pain to photograph sculptures, I usually try sunlight (being free and strong :X) but I have been investigating how to set up an affordable way to improve lighting, if I perfect anything I will be sure to share it with El ^_^

If El doesn’t get a chance, if you have any particular pic you’d like to see better, I can try my hand at improving it in Photoshop ^_^ I do that for some of the artists I host on my domain ๐Ÿ˜€She sent me some pics in different lighting and I think we may have sealed the deal on a peice. We shall see. A wedding present to myself to console me for selling my OW. ๐Ÿ˜†

skigod377 wrote:

sunhawk wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

sunhawk wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

If El doesn’t get a chance, if you have any particular pic you’d like to see better, I can try my hand at improving it in Photoshop ^_^ I do that for some of the artists I host on my domain ๐Ÿ˜€She sent me some pics in different lighting and I think we may have sealed the deal on a peice. We shall see. A wedding present to myself to console me for selling my OW. ๐Ÿ˜†

Awesome! What did you get? ๐Ÿ˜€

Skigod377
      Participant

sunhawk wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

sunhawk wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

sunhawk wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

Awesome! What did you get? ๐Ÿ˜€polar bear. I like him. I wanted to order a smaller peice to see if I liked her materials and how they looked in person, but I figured if I was gonna buy something, it might as well be something I wanted. ๐Ÿ™‚

skigod377 wrote:

sunhawk wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

sunhawk wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

sunhawk wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

Awesome! What did you get? ๐Ÿ˜€polar bear. I like him. I wanted to order a smaller peice to see if I liked her materials and how they looked in person, but I figured if I was gonna buy something, it might as well be something I wanted. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cool! I thought he was neat when I saw him! ^_^ El’s a real good hand with a airbrush, though she does the detailing by hand ^_^ Might as well think big, indeed! ๐Ÿ˜€

Skigod377
        Participant

I wanted some of her snails, but the ones I really wanted were already spoken for.

skigod377 wrote:

I wanted some of her snails, but the ones I really wanted were already spoken for.

Aren’t they cute? I’m sure she’ll make more in the future, she generally does when something proves popular ^_^

Skigod377
          Participant

sunhawk wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

Aren’t they cute? I’m sure she’ll make more in the future, she generally does when something proves popular ^_^I am glad. They are adorable. If the polar bear works out, I will get a snail or two, too. ๐Ÿ˜€ Thanks for posting her stuff.

Jennifer
            Keymaster

I really liked one of her pieces, but I didn’t hear back from her :/

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
              My art: featherdust.com

Skigod377
              Participant

Jennifer wrote:

Hmmm maybe you got blocked? She responded to me right quick.

Jennifer wrote:

Which email address did you use? I noticed someone saying the other day they were having trouble sending an email to her, I think she has an alternative email address but I wanna be sure which one you already tried ^_^

Skylover
                Participant

sunhawk wrote:

Jennifer wrote:

Which email address did you use? I noticed someone saying the other day they were having trouble sending an email to her, I think she has an alternative email address but I wanna be sure which one you already tried ^_^

I’m about to get a couple of her pieces as well! I’m excited.

The first email I sent her failed to reach her because there were spaces in it. (I had copied and pasted her email address without noticing this.) When I deleted the spaces, I got a response pretty quickly.

Skylover wrote:

sunhawk wrote:

Jennifer wrote:

I’m about to get a couple of her pieces as well! I’m excited.

The first email I sent her failed to reach her because there were spaces in it. (I had copied and pasted her email address without noticing this.) When I deleted the spaces, I got a response pretty quickly.

Man, I hate when I mistype an email address! Heh heh Who thought the email programs would pick up on something like that?

Arlla
                  Participant

I love El’s stuff so much! The snails and cephlopods especially…I’m getting a decent collection now 0_0 like I really need something else to collect. Luckily she agreed to hang on to my latest aquisitions until after I move so they don’t have to endure too much travel…

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
                    -J R R Tolkien

Arlla wrote:

I love El’s stuff so much! The snails and cephlopods especially…I’m getting a decent collection now 0_0 like I really need something else to collect. Luckily she agreed to hang on to my latest aquisitions until after I move so they don’t have to endure too much travel…

Sounds like your collection rivals mine ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 178 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.