fbpx

Corvallis?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Corvallis?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Kujacker
    Participant

Hi Melody,

I was just wonder how you like Corvallis? I’ve been trying to narrow down my list of places I want to live (try to live in, if things ever start looking up for me :roll:), and I’m leaning toward Oregon for the weather (that or Washington, maybe Canada). I’ve narrowed Oregon areas to Portland, Grants Pass and I’ve tried looking into Corvallis. Sadly, I can’t find much about it!
      Is it a big place? Is it full of things to do? I honestly don’t have any idea what Corvallis has to offer. Is it a place you’d recommend to someone? Or do you want to get out of there as fast as possible? lol. Anything you really like or dislike about it? Anything you can tell me would give me some better insight on the place.
      Thanks!

Kujacker
      Participant

Melody
        Keymaster

Kujacker wrote:

Hi Melody,

I was just wonder how you like Corvallis? I’ve been trying to narrow down my list of places I want to live (try to live in, if things ever start looking up for me :roll:), and I’m leaning toward Oregon for the weather (that or Washington, maybe Canada). I’ve narrowed Oregon areas to Portland, Grants Pass and I’ve tried looking into Corvallis. Sadly, I can’t find much about it!
          Is it a big place? Is it full of things to do? I honestly don’t have any idea what Corvallis has to offer. Is it a place you’d recommend to someone? Or do you want to get out of there as fast as possible? lol. Anything you really like or dislike about it? Anything you can tell me would give me some better insight on the place.
          Thanks! Whether Corvallis is actually Heaven or not may depend on you… are you into: cool weather, mountains, alergies, nutria, fungus & mold & slugs, talkative friendly old hippies with post graduate degrees, Poison oak, blackberries, home grown produce, beat up cars, chickens, dogs, real life instead of bling, left leaning politics, doing original, independent creative thinking rather than quoting pre-written dogma?
          If so, this may be your home.
          Suits me just fine. πŸ˜€

sounds like a fabulous place. i wish i could get out of here and into somewhere like that… but i think we’re stuck here for a long, long, time… πŸ˜₯

Elena
          Participant

Sounds like Vancouver Island! πŸ˜€ except you have alot of old cranky people there too…

Canada’s nice, though where were you thinking?

Kujacker
            Participant

Melody wrote:

Kujacker wrote:

Hi Melody,

Thanks! Whether Corvallis is actually Heaven or not may depend on you… are you into: cool weather, mountains, alergies, nutria, fungus & mold & slugs, talkative friendly old hippies with post graduate degrees, Poison oak, blackberries, home grown produce, beat up cars, chickens, dogs, real life instead of bling, left leaning politics, doing original, independent creative thinking rather than quoting pre-written dogma?
              Suits me just fine. πŸ˜€

Sounds good to me (well, except the allergies part)! I love cool weather… I currently live in Arizona, where 115 degrees is common. I’ve been here for something like 20 years now. Never liked it, ever. So when I’m able to get out, I want to head somewhere cold! I’d really like something cold, with lots of greenery and forests… and a decent amount of rain and cloudy skies. I know, everyone tells me I’m a bit crazy for wanting to live in that 😳 But it’s what I like.

Kujacker
              Participant

foxfeather wrote:

Sounds like Vancouver Island! πŸ˜€ except you have alot of old cranky people there too…

Someone mentioned British Columbia, for the weather I’m looking for (although internet searches say it’s way colder than what I’m looking for?). I’m not traveled at all, and the last time I went to Canada was when I was in kindergarten… so I don’t remember it all that well lol.

Melody
                Keymaster

Kujacker wrote:

Melody wrote:

Kujacker wrote:

Hi Melody,

Suits me just fine. πŸ˜€

Sounds good to me (well, except the allergies part)! I love cool weather… I currently live in Arizona, where 115 degrees is common. I’ve been here for something like 20 years now. Never liked it, ever. So when I’m able to get out, I want to head somewhere cold! I’d really like something cold, with lots of greenery and forests… and a decent amount of rain and cloudy skies. I know, everyone tells me I’m a bit crazy for wanting to live in that 😳 But it’s what I like.
                  It is SOOOO nice to not have 115 degree days! It was miserably hot in California from June until December. I remember Halloweens when it was too hot to put on a costume. There are a few 90 degree days here, but only for a week or two. Today it was really perfect. Maybe 78 degrees, and it gets cold at night.

Pam

It’s not cold enough here. Didn’t get ANY snow last winter!
                    Also, could not get into my apartment tonight because there were banana slugs… “reproducing”.. on my door.

Kujacker
                    Participant

Pam Thompson wrote:

Also, could not get into my apartment tonight because there were banana slugs… “reproducing”.. on my door.

Um. Ick. Think I would want to avoid that one.

I don’t mind the no snow part. As long as there is rain, I’m fine. I love snow, but not dealing with what problems it can create.

Kujacker wrote:

Melody wrote:

Kujacker wrote:

what part of arizona? my family is out there and we visit all the time… not in the summer though!! yuck… i don’t know how i survived even though i grew up there.

Kujacker
                      Participant

daydreamer wrote:

what part of arizona? my family is out there and we visit all the time… not in the summer though!! yuck… i don’t know how i survived even though i grew up there.

I live in Fountain Hills.
                        I survive by never stepping outside T__T But that’s the same reason I want to leave. It would be nice to be able to actually leave the house. Not even the full ac of a vehicle keeps you from sweating. Ugh.

dragonmedley
                        Participant

Kujacker wrote:

foxfeather wrote:

Someone mentioned British Columbia, for the weather I’m looking for (although internet searches say it’s way colder than what I’m looking for?). I’m not traveled at all, and the last time I went to Canada was when I was in kindergarten… so I don’t remember it all that well lol.

Try Southern Ontario. It does get hot in the summer, but not for long compared to Arizona. Humid summers and winters, though. Fall is just beautiful!

Every place has it’s pro’s and con’s…

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Elena
                          Participant

Depends on what part of BC you’re looking at since the province is probably close to the size of Texas πŸ˜‰
                            When I lived on Vancouver Island it never snowed and went below zero (Celsius) once, maybe twice and we got snow only a couple of times. Though it does rain/drizzle/mist most of the time from October to April. Vancouver is pretty much the same. Both the Island and Vancouver area are expensive. I would recommend checking out the southern interior of BC, prices are a bit better.
                            Or you could come to Alberta. rarely gets over 30 Celcius in the summer and can bottom out at minus 40 Celcius in the winter πŸ˜€

Jennifer
                            Keymaster

Pam Thompson wrote:

My friend who lived in Oregon for quite a while said her area was always quite popular for banana slugs… do you experience that there, too?

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                              My art: featherdust.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.