Copper Cowry dragons coming soon to an Ebay near you

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Copper Cowry dragons coming soon to an Ebay near you

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    Pegasi1978
    Participant

I’ve never been a fan of the young dragon sculpt, but with those colors I could almost learn to like him.

Bob

Arlla
        Susie has my address!!!

AMAZING but I have come to expect nothing less from you!!

Mmloda
        Participant

WOW..THAT YOUNG DRAGON LOOKS AWSOME!!! I LOVE THE COLORS!

Marzena

Bodine
          Participant

One of the most natural looking dragons out there ๐Ÿ™‚ A natural beauty

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
            Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

Lokie
            Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

I’ve never been a fan of the young dragon sculpt, but with those colors I could almost learn to like him.

Ditto!

Andrea
              Participant

Lokie wrote:

pegasi1978 wrote:

Ditto!

Double Ditto!

pipsxlch
                Participant

WOW! I haven’t been able to be around for awhile, but Arlla, your dragons are stunning! You need to make some eBay ones, is this young blemished? Could he be? (wouldn’t be able to bid myself, but I think he’d go for an amazing amount!)
                  P.S. I love the speckled eggs! And the little blue girl, too bad you can’t use those eyes for ‘sale’ pieces!

Nightcrow
                  Participant

Arlla wrote:

I had a few hatching empresses and a hatching emperor, and I just love doing the eggs. ๐Ÿ™‚ So I’m starting with those.

Ooh, I love those! I think the blue one needs just a little something else — some faint blue antiquing on her pearl underside? A darker shading around her eyes? But I love the basic color scheme and the inspiration — we have some big blue-n-black butterflies here, and I’ve always been fascinated by them!

Please not Orientals; I wanna buy whatever-it-is, and I just can’t muster enthusiasm for another Oriental family. (The Peacocks I have are enough!) ๐Ÿ™‚ They might make great spectrals (could you get/put faceted eyes in a Spectral? That would really make the “butterfly” theme, and it would look really neat — I’d say, even better than the “normal” Spectral eyes! It would probably make Pern fans happy, too…). And of course I’d love to see a Butterfly Lapdragon!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

WOW! I don’t even like the Young Dragon sculpt and I WANT THAT! Yowza!

Got a busted Windstone?
                      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin
                      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Maria
                      Participant

That color is beautiful on just about anything.

Anonymous

Arlla wrote:

WOW! I think it’s absofantastiful!

I think I may have commissioned you to do that, right? LOL

Hey – I think it would look marvelous with my Barden Muse that Kalandra painted! ๐Ÿ˜€

Just breathtaking!

๐Ÿ™‚

Arlla
                          Participant

In response to everyone who said they didn’t like the young dragon much but enjoyed him in this color – I have to say that I sort of agree! XD Not so much that I think the color flatters him (though I do actually really like it – especially his snakey tail) as much as actually painting one let me get really well aquainted with the sculpt. This happens a lot. Painting one of these is really the best way to appreciate the detail and study of anatomy that Melody puts into her work. I never liked the young dragon, and painting him took way too long for us to be great friends, but I certainly do like bits of him now a lot better than I did before I started. He’s got some really fun scale patterning!

kitsunelady wrote:

He is so cute! Really a beautiful paint job. =) Now do an Old Warrior. ๐Ÿ˜€

… patience… ๐Ÿ˜‰

NicoleH wrote:

I never liked brown in general until now ๐Ÿ˜ฎ I’m loving this color so much. It looks really natural in my eyes. Keep up the good work! It would be cool to see a whole set of dragons in this color but boy what a process that would be for you ๐Ÿ˜€

Thanks – and I am working on it. I took a few days off, but I’m trying to decide whether to start the curlie or the adult male next.

dragonmedley wrote:

I love this scheme, but I’m wondering if a PYO dragon wouldn’t show it off better, especially on the throat area. The young dragon is more “compact” there.

I was staring at the PYOs in my cabinet the day I finished the young dragon thinking the same thing. I probably will do one, the only thing holding me back at the moment is how long it would take and how little it would probably go for! The thing about the little pieces, like the young dragon and the PYO, is that they’re harder to paint and often take proportionately longer to paint, but fetch less money because they’re small. ๐Ÿ™

pipsxlch wrote:

WOW! I haven’t been able to be around for awhile, but Arlla, your dragons are stunning! You need to make some eBay ones, is this young blemished? Could he be? (wouldn’t be able to bid myself, but I think he’d go for an amazing amount!)
                            P.S. I love the speckled eggs! And the little blue girl, too bad you can’t use those eyes for ‘sale’ pieces!

Thanks! He is in fact an ebay piece, so long as he passes muster with John and Melody when they see him. And believe me I feel the same way about those eyes! I just hope I get my hands on some of Melody’s special new sparkly eyes…

Poems wrote:

Hey – I think it would look marvelous with my Barden Muse that Kalandra painted! ๐Ÿ˜€

Just breathtaking!

๐Ÿ™‚

aww, that muse is cute!

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
                            -J R R Tolkien

Nicole
                            Participant

I think you should do the male dragon. I’ve never been a huge fan of the male dragon either so I would love to see if you can make me love him ๐Ÿ˜€

BDW
                              Participant

Arlla wrote:

๐Ÿ˜ฎ My jaw dropped on this one. Want so bad ๐Ÿ™„

LOVE the chocolate beauties!!! Damn, I want a dragon painted in colours like that…

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 108 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.