fbpx

Confusing problem of the day

Home Forums Miscellany Community Confusing problem of the day

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Kujacker
    Participant

Loser (censored word lol) of the day story.
      Back information: I wear fox tails every day. Just for fun. So, at the plasma center today, my 8th time. I’m minding my own business waiting to be called up (like I always do) and I get called into a room by some guy I’ve never seen. He says my tail is “inappropriate attire” and I have to take it off when in the building. Okay whatever. He also targets my collar (thankfully, I had a smaller one on today… just some spikes and rings. I normally wear a super thick ringed collar) and says I have to take it off whenever I get weighed. Okay… that collar weighs less than my keys. Again, whatever.
      I ask my screener about it and she says “… I didn’t know we had a dress code. No one told me anything like that”. She also tells me that she’s seen some awful stuff due to lack of clothing in the plasma center… and those people were never told anything.
      Later, THREE employees approach me and ask “where’s your tail today?” when I tell them what I was told, they’re shocked. They call BS saying that they don’t have a dress code. Le sigh.

I’m not exactly sure what to think about the whole thing. It sounds like just one… err… idiot being weird. But that’s kind of like telling me I have no right to wear what I want to. I don’t wear anything offensive, so I don’t understand why I would have problems like this. I swear if he had said “you also can’t wear your collar”, I would have told him what for and never came back. I’m not your child, you can’t tell me how to dress. I’m not offending anyone, or forcing anything onto anyone. I have only ever had positive comments about the tail at the plasma center.
      If I can wear my tail at fancy-shamcy art performances, then why should you have a problem with it? Dress attire to a fancy show… is probably a high end thing. Plasma center? Down to the floor low in terms of dress.

I mean, if someone can tell people they can’t wear “x” somewhere… where does that stop? I wear jackets in the middle of summer. Will that be considered “inappropriate wear”? :/

When I go back next week, I’ll ask someone else about it. I’m not one to pick a fight, but this just seems rather odd, like I’m being targeted for nothing at all… just because one guy has a problem.

Hannah
      Participant

I think you’re right.. it sounds like this guy had a problem with it and for whatever reason he felt like he had the right to tell you what you could and couldn’t wear. Telling you you have to take a collar off when you get weighed? Like it’s really going to make a difference in your weight? Really?

Honestly, it sounds to me like someone who had a teensy bit of power (IE: a supervisor or some sort of middle management) decided he wanted to use it because he didn’t like your style. I call shenanigans on the entire affair, since you’re totally right – you have every right to wear what you want to! This plasma center, it’s a volunteer thing right? If i’m getting the right idea here it’s a place where you donate plasma, correct? Yeah I’m sorry but when you’re volunteering for the good of others, there is no dress code. A fox tail and a collar are neither offensive or even all that wild compared to a LOT of things people could be wearing.

I don’t like getting into fights with people, but when it comes to things like this I would definitely stand up for what is right – I hope that you go in and confirm that there is no dress code for this place, and if you ever see that guy again (or remember his name), point him out to someone there that you trust, and bring up the issue with someone that’s in a higher position than him. The bottom line is that your style is your own and you shouldn’t be singled out for it or made to feel bad for it – and that’s exactly what this jerk did.

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
        Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Maybe, and this is going out on a limb: Maybe he liked it but felt that those thoughts were inappropriate in the work place and it was just easier to tell you to take off the offending items.
        It’s farfetched I know but it can and has happened I’m sure.

Pam

I think your attire sounds awesome.

Amy
          Participant

Maybe the guy was just pretending to work there so he could tell you to take your tail and collar off and make it sound like a policy so he wouldn’t have to admit it was just him who had a problem with it.

Amanda
            Participant

I think it sounds great and I really want to see a picture-lol Wear what you want as long as your covering up what needs to be covered :*

twindragonsmum
              Participant

I think it sounds great and I really want to see a picture-lol Wear what you want as long as your covering up what needs to be covered :*

‘zactly! This!

twindragonsmum 😉

tdm

Kujacker
                Participant

@Amy. No, he was definitely someone that works there.

Thanks Pam :>

And yes Hannah, you go and donate. So it’s a public place. Anyone can walk in and, after testing of course, can start donating. They pay you for your donation (otherwise, who would donate?)… but still. I offered to do this, no one told me to do it and it’s certainly not work related where I’m representing a company.

When I go back I’ll ask about it at the front desk. Like I said, I don’t want to start fights but it’s hard not to wonder why I was singled out and other employees are saying they’ve never heard of any patient “dress code”.
                  I’m that kind of timid person that doesn’t like to be anywhere near arguments… especially if “I” started it (not really, but you guys get the idea).

Andrea
                  Participant

Ask him to show you the company’s dress code in writing. Otherwise you can tell him to pound sand. Public places have to have written policies if they want them to be enforced (at least out here in CA.)

Carolyn
                    Participant

Just sounds like it’s just one person who doesn’t like something . Maybe it makes him think of an ex or somthing . Power trip .

dragonmedley
                      Participant

Some idiots just can’t accept people who are a wee bit different. Huge What–ever!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Setsunawolf
                        Participant

So let me get this straight. You are a patient who is donating?
                          And if so they can’t tell you what to wear. They should be grateful that you do donate.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                          Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                          Sun Dragon Koi #3

They have no right to tell you what to wear when you’re donating. If it offends someone, they don’t have to look – just as long as you’re wearing more then *just* the tail and the collar (in which case, he should be asking you to put on articles of clothing, not take them off).

And I think it sounds awesome, what you wear. I have a tail and ears, but hardly ever wear them… dunno why.

Katherine
                          Participant

I like foxtails..everyone should too. ^.^

etruscan
                            Participant

OK – I’ll ask! What is a fox tail in this context? My first thought was a fox version of the “Davy Crockett coonskin hat” with a tail down the back, but now I’m guessing that isn’t it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.