fbpx

Company pricing

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Company pricing

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Setsunawolf
    Participant

I think the price is perfectly reasonable for the extra work that goes into them. I’m a little concerned that other people will pick all the ones I want and I won’t get one I really like. I’m prepared to take that gamble with a grab bag, but if I’m suppose to be able to pick a favorite I would be disappointed if I didn’t end up with one. It’s why I don’t pick favorites from grab bags. The one and only time I did I was disappointed with my grab.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
      Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
      Sun Dragon Koi #3

pipsxlch
      Participant

I know Ms. Melody said she’d paint more train wrecks, hoping you’re able to land one!

Between not collecting all the sculpts and worrying about landing a GB I won’t care for and won’t be able to trade, I rarely participate in GBs. The extra $20 is well worth it to me.

Setsunawolf
        Participant

I hope so. Of the ones currently posted only two appeal at all to me, and I don’t really like them $200 worth. I want to back Windstone and support them, but I don’t want to end up with a dragon I feel meh about. I’m worried that once I make my pledge I won’t be able to get anything that I really like. And since in theory, I’m suppose to be able to pick a favorite I would be really disappointed if I didn’t get one and had to settle. Particularly if people who were able to buy more than one ended up with every dragon I liked. It sounds dumb but it actually makes me anxious the thought of being disappointed and jealous. Both negative emotions I try to overcome because they aren’t healthy for me or anyone. 🙂 I really want to be happy for everyone.
          That’s how I make my GB decisions as well. If I don’t care for the majority of the batch I don’t buy. And I don’t pick favorites. I learned that lesson the hard way. 🙁

Sun Dragon Koi #3

Setsunawolf
          Participant

I hope so. Of the ones currently posted only two appeal at all to me, and I don’t really like them $200 worth. I want to back Windstone and support them, but I don’t want to end up with a dragon I feel meh about. I’m worried that once I make my pledge I won’t be able to get anything that I really like. And since in theory, I’m suppose to be able to pick a favorite I would be really disappointed if I didn’t get one and had to settle. Particularly if people who were able to buy more than one ended up with every dragon I liked. It sounds dumb but it actually makes me anxious the thought of being disappointed and jealous. Both negative emotions I try to overcome because they aren’t healthy for me or anyone. 🙂 I really want to be happy for everyone.
            That’s how I make my GB decisions as well. If I don’t care for the majority of the batch I don’t buy. And I don’t pick favorites. I learned that lesson the hard way. 🙁

Sun Dragon Koi #3

Setsunawolf
            Participant

Me thinks, maybe I’m having a bout of depression. 🙂 hmmmmmm…..not like I haven’t had enough stress to trigger it recently. Thanks everyone for listening. And Thank you Melody for making such wonderful dragons that I have loved and enjoyed for most of my life.

Sun Dragon Koi #3

LZ
              Participant

You got that golden sitting ori in the grabbag, didn’t like it at first, and then said you ended up liking it. You might like some bantam that doesn’t seem your favorite. I’m still bummed none of the golden koi came my way, as they were my grail.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Setsunawolf
                Participant

True. That golden Ori was actually the grab I was referring to when I said I was disappointed. I didn’t give him the chance he deserved because I had picked others as favorites. Lesson learned.
                  And once I got him with the right dragons, he glows. I actually have a standing Koi Rin in the same color pattern whom I adore. So it was dumb of me to not like him initially, lol.
                  I don’t settle well. It’s a character flaw. And I’m agitated apparently. It’s good to know. There might be others I like. We will just have to wait and see. And Melody did say she’s paint more trainwrecks. I’m going to hope I can get one. These are literally releasing on my birthday, so he’d be special to me. A birthday dragon.

Sun Dragon Koi #3

Kim
                  Blocked

Well Melody did say even if people already picked ones we wanted, she could paint more similar ones so I wouldn’t worry about pledging and not getting one you like as she seemed to be willing to paint enough that people wanted to make everyone happy. For me I am just a bit hesitant as I haven’t seen any yet I really love and am debating if I can or want to spend that much. I do like the bright pink and teal ones too but was also hoping to see a bit more pastel ones or rainbowy ones and I would need to see the finished products before pledging to see if I really love any.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Setsunawolf
                    Participant

Lol. I’m not usually a loud color person. I prefer cool colors; this teal and pink combo on trainwreck works for me. I have a sitting Ori In that color combination. The black works really well for me as I prefer cooler darker colors. My ori has white and he’s awesome, but the black was a wonderful accent. I’m going wait and see. I have faith in Melody and crew when I’m not wallowing in (unreasonable) depression. I feel better this morning.

Sun Dragon Koi #3

Rylorien
                      Participant

“I don’t settle well. It’s a character flaw.”

Flaw, strength, tomayto, tomahto. I don’t think snagging a fave will be too much of a problem. Melody has stated (somewhere) she was going to be working on them throughout the campaign. If 15 people try to claim X dragon and aren’t interested in others, I would imagine she’d do her best to replicate those colors onto fresh figures. They wouldn’t be identical, but similar colors in similar patterns should make most people happy. Anything not claimed would likely go into the grab bag tier option so as to not waste them.

I’m most worried about eye colors to be honest. Eyes usually make it or break it for me.

Setsunawolf
                        Participant

Lol. I’m not alone. I can see eye color being a deal breaker. I’ll just have to have faith in Melody and Co. I’m just worrying. I’m not taken with the majority of the Bantams I’ve seen so far. However, Windstone needs to do what’s best for the company. So I’m gonna hope that is painting more trainwrecks since he seems to be so very popular. (A double win for both me and Windstone and everyone else who loves trainwreck)

Sun Dragon Koi #3

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.