fbpx

Company pricing

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Company pricing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Angelika_Zen
    Participant

Hi Melody, I would like to ask you about your pricing…since the new dragon (Bantam) is smaller than the fledgling, but almost twice the price, and maybe a third the size of a male dragon, yet he’s the same price, are we going to see an increase in price with the other dragons? Thank you for your time.

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

etruscan
      Participant

If you mean the Kickstarter price for the Bantam dragon, it is intended to cover the cost of developing and producing a new sculpt. That’s the concept behind Kickstarters.

I would doubt that production or LP Bantams will be priced like the Kickstarter ones (though I could be wrong).

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

I had a related, but separate question. I was curious if the two white dragons (blue and albino) were BOTH going to be Kickstarter exclusives? It said the albino and the sand were, and it also made mention that the stone finish may come out later in the store, but not be signed. It didn’t mention anything specific in the blue eyed pearl dragon. I didn’t know if that was an oversight and it will eventually come out in the store, or if it was also an exclusive like the albino and sand are.

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Melody
          Keymaster

I had a related, but separate question. I was curious if the two white dragons (blue and albino) were BOTH going to be Kickstarter exclusives? It said the albino and the sand were, and it also made mention that the stone finish may come out later in the store, but not be signed. It didn’t mention anything specific in the blue eyed pearl dragon. I didn’t know if that was an oversight and it will eventually come out in the store, or if it was also an exclusive like the albino and sand are.

I was dithering about the blue-eyed albino dragon but decided not to have it be exclusive. I don’t plan to have it be a store color, but I only wanted to have a couple of exclusive ones. Since the pink jewels are hard to get for the pink albinos, and the sand is a pain-in-the-butt color to paint, I chose those two.
            So the blue-eyed albino is in limbo.

Melody
            Keymaster

Hi Melody, I would like to ask you about your pricing…since the new dragon (Bantam) is smaller than the fledgling, but almost twice the price, and maybe a third the size of a male dragon, yet he’s the same price, are we going to see an increase in price with the other dragons? Thank you for your time.

We may need to raise the prices on other dragons.
              The individually painted grabbag style things take much longer to paint and finish ( each one gets different color jewels and eyes) than other standard production color ones, so they need to be more expensive.

Melody
              Keymaster

The smaller pieces often take longer and are more trouble to paint than the mid-size ones. That’s why the prices don’t always scale with the size.

Epona
                Participant

If you mean the Kickstarter price for the Bantam dragon, it is intended to cover the cost of developing and producing a new sculpt. That’s the concept behind Kickstarters.

I would doubt that production or LP Bantams will be priced like the Kickstarter ones (though I could be wrong).

I’m confused. I have seen pictures of the Bantam dragons from several years ago. Hasn’t it already been developed and produced?

etruscan
                  Participant

I’m confused. I have seen pictures of the Bantam dragons from several years ago. Hasn’t it already been developed and produced?

No. The Bantam dragons will first be offered for sale as part of a Kickstarter scheduled to begin next month. Presumably then they will be produced for regular sale through the store.

You might be thinking of the baby dragon or the mini keeper. Both of those have been finished and offered for sale in the last few years.

Melody posted this photo on her Facebook page yesterday. Left to right they are the baby, fledgling, bantam, mini keeper, and young dragons.
                    Melody said, “Size compare. The Bantam dragon is in the middle. ( Hey! my phone didn’t autocorrect to “Batman” this time! It is learning.)”

Windstone_dragons_hoarder-bantam_group

Epona
                    Participant

No. The Bantam dragons will first be offered for sale as part of a Kickstarter scheduled to begin next month. Presumably then they will be produced for regular sale through the store.

You might be thinking of the baby dragon or the mini keeper. Both of those have been finished and offered for sale in the last few years.

Melody posted this photo on her Facebook page yesterday. Left to right they are the baby, fledgling, bantam, mini keeper, and young dragons.
                      Melody said, “Size compare. The Bantam dragon is in the middle. ( Hey! my phone didn’t autocorrect to “Batman” this time! It is learning.)”

Windstone_dragons_hoarder-bantam_group

Actually, no, I’m not thinking of the baby or the mini keeper. I recall seeing pictures of this dragon, named the Hoarder (now Bantam) on the blog here on the form at least as far back as 2014 or 2012.

I guess that because it was never offered in the store it doesn’t count as having been produced?

etruscan
                      Participant

Right – you are thinking of photos of Work in Progress test paints that Melody posted. And you’re right that she was posting photos of this dragon back in 2012. However, the hoarder/bantam/whatever never actually made it past the Work in Progress stage.

Kim
                        Blocked

Yeah the Bantam dragons were never for sale on here or anywhere else. Melody was planning to release them with the kickstarter but it’s taken a few years. Melody are some of the kickstarter dragons, ones that were painted years ago? Or are they all new? I remember liking some colours I saw years ago. As for pricing for some reason I was thinking these would be maybe in the $200-$250 range. I understand the work that goes into them but I’m a little confused at why they are so much more than the albino and sand colours.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Melody
                          Keymaster

The Bantam dragon sculpt ( or Hoarder dragon… he’s had a few names) has been around for years but we never produced him until now.

Angelika_Zen
                            Participant

Good luck Melody and crew. I wish you all the success you deserve!! I will continue to support you in other ways, but I’m going to sit these out.

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Melody
                              Keymaster

Yeah the Bantam dragons were never for sale on here or anywhere else. Melody was planning to release them with the kickstarter but it’s taken a few years. Melody are some of the kickstarter dragons, ones that were painted years ago? Or are they all new? I remember liking some colours I saw years ago. As for pricing for some reason I was thinking these would be maybe in the $200-$250 range. I understand the work that goes into them but I’m a little confused at why they are so much more than the albino and sand colours.

I am charging more for the individually painted ones because you can choose them. This is going to take us more time to deal with than normal grabbag items that are relatively easy to pack and ship. The same dragons, sold grabbag style, will be $240.

Melody
                                Keymaster

Yes, I think there are some among the ones pictured that were test paints I did over 6 years ago!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.