fbpx

Coincidence

Home Forums Miscellany Community Coincidence

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

A few years ago a friend was out in Colorado and found a beautiful gryphon painted on a feather and gave it to me for my birthday since she knew how much I like gryphons, dragons, etc. I’ve never seen anything like it in NJ. So today for some reason I noticed the Web Links on the Windstone home page and the last one was for windwolf.com. Curious I hit it and lo and behold it’s the artist that did my gryphon! It’s Moon Dance under Feather Prints – Fantasy and mythylogical. And she has another gryphon that I love! And a painting of ferrets! Her work is beautiful – I highly recommend it. I don’t know how I missed checking out that link – ones of those things where you get used to something and never really look at it I guess.

Skigod377
    Participant

How cool! Can you post a pic?

lamortefille
      Participant

Wow, those feathers are beautiful! I never noticed the links – thanks for the heads up:)

Here’s the page link: http://windwolf.com/WWFantasyMyth.html
        hopefully that will work, I haven’t figured out the URL thing inspite of good advice. Her work is amazing!

Hey, it worked. ๐Ÿ˜€ The gryphon I currently have is the 12th picture down – Moon Dance.

THIS IS THE ARTIST I POINTED OUT IN ANOTHER POST!! I got her “snow griffin” print from our friends for a Christmas present!

Maria
        Participant

Those are unbelievably detailed. How can she charge less than $20 for them? They must have been a lot more work than $14 worth.

EDIT: Mm, never mind, I just saw they’re printed on the feathers. Still pretty.

Skigod377
          Participant

I was wondering the same thing, GB ๐Ÿ˜†

Maria
            Participant

I should read the page before I go off and post nonsense, I know.

lamortefille
              Participant

They are prints of her earlier handpainted feathers. She does custom painted feathers with a price range of $135 – $2,500. I would love one, but there are still lots of Windstones that I don’t have….

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

Wow, they’re all so beautiful!

Got a busted Windstone?
                  drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin
                  Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                  Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                  Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                  Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                  Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                  Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Lokie
                  Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

EDIT: Mm, never mind, I just saw they’re printed on the feathers. Still pretty.

I thought they are prints of the feathers the artisted previuosly painted, not images printed on feathers.

I think the Year of the Dragon and the Phoenix are awesome looking. Wow is all I can say. I’ll have to peruse the entire site ๐Ÿ™‚
                    Your Gryphon is beautiful ddvm.

Jennifer
                    Keymaster

Lokie wrote:

I thought they are prints of the feathers the artisted previuosly painted, not images printed on feathers.

I’ve seen her prints in person and you’re correct, Lokie. ๐Ÿ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                      My art: featherdust.com

Jodi
                      Participant

This is really weird. That is my friend Sandra. We’ve done a lot of science fiction conventions together and got to know each other through them. Talk about a coincidence!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.