fbpx

Claire Marie RIP 1996-2008

Home Forums Miscellany Community Claire Marie RIP 1996-2008

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 156 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

OK. I figured I’d better update this thread with the latest news on Claire Marie. It mostly comes down to: she won’t be with me much longer.

We are thinking of putting her to sleep on Monday. She is still eating some, but she’s not gaining any weight. In fact, it seems like she’s losing even more. She is all spine and ribs and hipbones. I picked her up the other day and could feel swollen little bumps under the skin of her stomach area – her cancerous lymph nodes. She itches so much that she’s pulling fur out. She’s got a swollen eyelid that is now scabbed up and won’t heal, and a scab on her nose that won’t heal. The fur has not grown back on her belly after the surgery in early October.

She is not playful or very cuddly. She complains when I pet her. She mostly lays on cool, hard surfaces with her nose facing the wall. Sometimes she comes to the couch and sits with me, but mostly not. She doesn’t really sleep with me any more either.

I’m just worried that I’m keeping her alive for me, because I don’t want to experience the guilt of putting her to sleep like I did with Katie. And I don’t want to be without her. Losing Katie was so hard, but losing Claire within three months of losing Katie is just a cruel trick of fate.

But I don’t want her to suffer any more. The prednisone doesn’t seem to help either. It just seems cruel to keep her around when she’s this bad off.

Laurie
      Participant

emerald212 wrote:

OK. I figured I’d better update this thread with the latest news on Claire Marie. It mostly comes down to: she won’t be with me much longer.

We are thinking of putting her to sleep on Monday. She is still eating some, but she’s not gaining any weight. In fact, it seems like she’s losing even more. She is all spine and ribs and hipbones. I picked her up the other day and could feel swollen little bumps under the skin of her stomach area – her cancerous lymph nodes. She itches so much that she’s pulling fur out. She’s got a swollen eyelid that is now scabbed up and won’t heal, and a scab on her nose that won’t heal. The fur has not grown back on her belly after the surgery in early October.

She is not playful or very cuddly. She complains when I pet her. She mostly lays on cool, hard surfaces with her nose facing the wall. Sometimes she comes to the couch and sits with me, but mostly not. She doesn’t really sleep with me any more either.

I’m just worried that I’m keeping her alive for me, because I don’t want to experience the guilt of putting her to sleep like I did with Katie. And I don’t want to be without her. Losing Katie was so hard, but losing Claire within three months of losing Katie is just a cruel trick of fate.

But I don’t want her to suffer any more. The prednisone doesn’t seem to help either. It just seems cruel to keep her around when she’s this bad off.

I’m sorry Em. I’m understand everything you’re going thru right now. My Mister has a constant drainage out of his ear, won’t eat unless I feed him with a syringe, none of the medicines seems to be helping, he sleeps all the time and now he’s having problems swallowing as well. He has no weight either and I’m sure it’s getting time. I’m just having such a hard time trying to let him go. πŸ˜₯

Katherine
        Participant

Oh I am so sorry. *hugs* Hang in there sweetie.

Jasmine
          Participant

I’m so sorry Em. *Hugs for you and Claire Marie*

Setsunawolf
            Participant

*hugs* I’m sorry you have to loose her too. πŸ˜₯

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
              Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
              Sun Dragon Koi #3

dragonmedley
              Participant

I’m so sorry, Em! It’s so difficult to make the decision, but you’re right.

Hugs!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Skigod377
                Participant

Awww that poor baby. You dont want her to suffer, Em. Its a hard thing to do but its the right thing. Im so sorry.

Jodi
                  Participant

2Huberts wrote:

emerald212 wrote:

I’m sorry Em. I’m understand everything you’re going thru right now. My Mister has a constant drainage out of his ear, won’t eat unless I feed him with a syringe, none of the medicines seems to be helping, he sleeps all the time and now he’s having problems swallowing as well. He has no weight either and I’m sure it’s getting time. I’m just having such a hard time trying to let him go. πŸ˜₯

Sorry about your Mister. We can cry on each other’s shoulders. πŸ˜₯

*hugs* I’m so sorry, two in such a short time, it’s terrible. πŸ˜₯

Pegasi1978
                    Participant

*Hugs* I’m sorry to hear that Claire Marie seems to be fading faster than you like. Fur babies never stay with us long enough.

Laurie
                      Participant

emerald212 wrote:

2Huberts wrote:

emerald212 wrote:

Sorry about your Mister. We can cry on each other’s shoulders. πŸ˜₯

sucky way to become close, huh? πŸ™ πŸ˜‰

Starbreeze
                        Participant

I’m sorry Em. πŸ˜₯

I’m sorry to hear about it too. They really are never with us long enough.
                          Hugs N Prayers for you both

Bob

Good luck all the way around. They never realy leave us as long as we remember them
                            DM’s Eggs and Hatchers

Jodi
                            Participant

So, I’m unable to sleep because we’ve decided to put Claire Marie to sleep today. So, I’m searching for pet urns and crying my head off.

I still can’t believe it. She was my baby. I’ve always thought of her that way, and now she’s sick and going away. I just can’t take it. It seems like only yesterday she was a kitten. Where did the time go?

Two in one year! This is the worst year ever. πŸ˜₯

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 156 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.