Claire Marie RIP 1996-2008

Home Forums Miscellany Community Claire Marie RIP 1996-2008

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 156 total)
  • Author

Crossing fingers and toes! I hope she will be alright.

Kyrin

Elena
    Participant

*hugs* for you and good luck!

Jodi
      Participant

Well, the vet called. The tumor was in Claire’s intestine and not her spleen after all. It was four inches long. He had to remove eight inches of intestine. She is awake and resting. I visited her for a while, but it seemed to make her too excited, so I didn’t stay. Poor baby. She kept saying, “Home? Home?” She can’t come home until tomorrow.

Her lymph nodes are swollen in her abdomen, so the vet is having them and the tumor biopsied to see if there’s cancer there. The lymph nodes may be reacting to the intestinal tumor and not be cancerous in themselves. That’s what I’m hoping for. Because then they’ll fix themselves since the tumor is gone now.

I can’t believe this is happening right after losing Katie (at the same time as her illness, really). Katie’s illness was just more obvious.

Jasmine
        Participant

Oh Em. I’m sorry. Hugs for you and Claire Marie when she comes home.

Jodi
          Participant

I just want to say thanks to everyone on the forum for being here for me that past few months or so, as I went through losing Katie and now this health problem with Claire. I don’t know what I would have done if I hadn’t had you folks here to “talk” to. 🙂

Again, I hope it’s benign. *hugs*

siberakh1
            Participant

Ohhh, I hope it’s benign too. Good luck! *hugs* *fingers crossed*

I hope her recovery goes well, I want you to be cautious in thinking she is out of the woods, because with intestinal surgery especially with bits removed there are still risks to Claire.

I wish I could be more encouraging, but I suggest hanging in there and waiting a few days to see how Claire responds to surgery before getting too excited. I am sure the vet told you this as well. *hugs* I am very hopeful though that she will make a full recovery.

Kyrin

hope everything goes well. if it helps any every time i have a sniffle the nodes in my throat turn into golf balls

dragonmedley
              Participant

Oh, Em, hugs!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Maria
                Participant

I’m so glad the vet was able to remove the tumor and that your kitty in recovering.

Jodi
                  Participant

Kyrin wrote:

I hope her recovery goes well, I want you to be cautious in thinking she is out of the woods, because with intestinal surgery especially with bits removed there are still risks to Claire.

I wish I could be more encouraging, but I suggest hanging in there and waiting a few days to see how Claire responds to surgery before getting too excited. I am sure the vet told you this as well. *hugs* I am very hopeful though that she will make a full recovery.

Kyrin

Don’t worry. I don’t take anything for granted any more.

The vet called this morning and said that Claire ate well this morning and didn’t throw up, so she can come home this afternoon. I’m going to pick her up after classes (and a few errands), so I can spend all afternoon with her.

Katherine
                    Participant

Oh, wow! I am so sorry about Claire Marie! I am glad her surgery went well, but I can’t imagine how hard it was for you! Ihope she recovers well! *hugs*

Bob

How old is she?
                        I wonder if this is a reaction to losing Katie??

Jodi
                        Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

How old is she?
                          I wonder if this is a reaction to losing Katie??

She’s eleven, and spent 10 years with Katie. I thought the weight loss was from depression due to losing Katie, but it went on for too long and didn’t get better. I thought that cleaning her teeth would help, but then they found the lump.

I don’t think tumors are results of depression.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 156 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.