fbpx

Claire Marie RIP 1996-2008

Home Forums Miscellany Community Claire Marie RIP 1996-2008

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 156 total)
  • Author
    twindragonsmum
    Participant

Oh, I’m so glad everything went well and that Claire Marie got to come home! Give her lots of gentle snuzzles from our family and big hugs for you!

twindragonsmum

tdm

Bob

Good luck. I was wondering since they spent that much time together. I hope everything works out fine for you

I’m starting to get a little nervous now too since my oldest is 9

lamortefille
        Participant

I’m glad the surgery went well and she is recovering. *hugs*

Stephanie
          Participant

*Hugs*

Wow, I am surprised he let her eat so soon! The vet I worked for wouldn’t feed an intestinal patient much of anything for the first 48 hours, giving IV fluids instead, and then cautiously allowing a liquid diet for the next 24 hour period.

Then keeping them on soft food for about a week or so before allowing anything more solid, but then many of our patients had surgery on their stomach, not the intestine itself, and the stomach is different. Dogs are really dumb, they eat rocks!

Anyway, I am so happy to hear she is doing well and that she gets to come home.

Kyrin

Jodi
            Participant

She is home. She is starting to be her sweet cuddly self (from before she started losing weight) again. I hadn’t realized how much she had changed until she cuddled up with me, purring.

Unfortunately Tasha is unwilling to let Claire have space on my lap alone. And Claire is unwilling to share any space at all with Tasha, so I’m not able to give Claire the lap-time I had wanted to.

She ate a little soft food – pate style. And I mean a little – a teaspoon, maybe. She’s got two types of medicine I will have to give her (for pain and an antibiotic). And Tasha is still on medicine for her URI, which seems to be almost gone now. Merlin is done with his medicine though.

I won’t have the results of the biopsies until early next week.

I’m glad she is home and doing well. I’ll cross my fingers regarding the biopsy!

emerald212 wrote:

She is home. She is starting to be her sweet cuddly self (from before she started losing weight) again. I hadn’t realized how much she had changed until she cuddled up with me, purring.

Unfortunately Tasha is unwilling to let Claire have space on my lap alone. And Claire is unwilling to share any space at all with Tasha, so I’m not able to give Claire the lap-time I had wanted to.

She ate a little soft food – pate style. And I mean a little – a teaspoon, maybe. She’s got two types of medicine I will have to give her (for pain and an antibiotic). And Tasha is still on medicine for her URI, which seems to be almost gone now. Merlin is done with his medicine though.

I won’t have the results of the biopsies until early next week.
              nothing feels worse than having somthing in your intestines . hope she feels well and the tests come back okay

It seems she’s already starting to feel better. Hope the biopsies come back ok (for the billionth time… I’ve been checking on the topic whenever it pops on the recent postings list).

Jodi
              Participant

Thanks for all the well-wishes. I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed too. However, if it is cancerous, there is still treatment we can try. I have hope for her either way. I have to.

Jasmine
                Participant

*Huge Hugs* for you and *Fuzzy Snuggles* for all three of your kitties. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for ya, Em.

twindragonsmum
                  Participant

Hang tough! Kitty snuggles and kisses from Loki & Pixel and twin hugs from Sean & Ethan (and me too!)

twindragonsmum

tdm

Em, I am sorry to hear another kitty is not feeling so well. I am glad they were able to remove it and hopefully everything will go back to normal for Claire. *hugs for you and the kitties*

darjeb
                    Participant

Poor Claire Marie I hope she is OK

Jodi
                      Participant

She’s doing pretty good. She sleeps a lot. Her appetite has picked up a bit since the surgery, but she still won’t eat crunchy food, so I have to feed her special now. (The crunchy food is in an automatically refilling container.) And I have to keep Tasha the hell-kitten away while she’s eating, or she’ll give up her food and run away. It’s become a lot trickier in our kitty household lately.

The nice thing is that she’s back to sleeping with me. She hasn’t done that for a while when she didn’t feel well. I woke up in the middle of the night last night to find her warm purring body snuggled up in my arms, like in older times. Yay! 😀 I take that as a sign that she’s feeling better.

Btw, I’m having a sale on some things to help pay for Claire’s surgery, so PM me with your email address if you want a list.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 156 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.