fbpx

Choosing a first PYO

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Choosing a first PYO

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Megan
    Participant

My first PYO was a muse. Because it had many textures to practice on and I figured, “there is nothing I could possibly do to it that would screw this little thing up.” My little tropical muse came out wonderfully and is still dear to my heart. All the others I’ve tried (dragon, kirin, uni, and wolf) have been challenging in a fun way.

Still have yet to try a griff or a keeper, but those will come along in due time, I’m sure.

BD, I think it’s just your Muses. I mean others have painted very nice Muses, but yours just pop out there. πŸ˜‰

bayoudragon
      Participant

awww… shucks. 😳

WindstoneCollector wrote:

BD, I think it’s just your Muses. I mean others have painted very nice Muses, but yours just pop out there. πŸ˜‰

i agree! πŸ˜€

Thank you all for your replies! I’m still not sure which piece I’ll be getting, but I think I’ll call in the morning and see what’s available. I feel like I’m getting an extra taste of Christmas… present for self? Yes please!

Heather
        Participant

The first PYO I tackled was a Muse, and for a similar reason to Megani-chan’s: that sculpt was one I felt I couldn’t screw up. I’d never painted much of anything before, certainly not a 3-D sculpt. Plus there were lots of things I wanted to try! So the Muse became a great experiment of about eight different color combinations and techniques, and I think she turned out surprisingly well all things considered. Quite a patchwork, but the sculpt allows for that. And it taught me what it was like to paint fur, feathers, and scales; I was really glad for that preview later on.

So far I’ve painted a few small dragons and griffins, two ki-rin, and a unicorn. Of them all, I think the dragons are the most fun to detail, but I also loved the ki-rin and the unicorn: the ki-rin for the nice big smooth scales, and the unicorn for its short fur that lends itself so well to blending from one color to the next. Frankly, I think you can have fun with whichever sculpt you choose. πŸ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.