fbpx

Cerberus

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Maria
    Participant

How can my beak be better than yours, drag0n? They’re almost the same except that my color transition is more irregular. πŸ˜€ But yes, thank you for letting me use your idea.
      I’ll add the stripe on the shins. Dragoness is right; a little more black is a good idea. I’ll post more pics when he’s actually completely finished and seal and everything, but only after Christmas. Now I just need to see what Nirvana has to say about him…

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Mimi – I know about the eyes. I bought a yellow and a red eyed griff and debated the entire time as they made their journey across the lake to me which one should become Cerberus. I finally decided on red because I figured they would just look more fitting to match his name. SPark used yellow on her elemental, which really shine out, but I decided that yellow eyes are cattish – cool, withdrawn – rather than fiercely aflame. Can’t say whether I made the right choice. I’ll try to work the black so the red stands out more. But I did think about it first.

Hmm…I see what you mean. I think the red eyes do look more demonic and fits with the color scheme better. Improving the contrast as you mentioned should look good…

Maria
      Participant

Mom gave me some pointers last night. She suggested I add some points of yellow on either end of the eye, and that would bring out the red. Shall be done.

That’s a good idea! The yellow will also tie in nicely with the yellow in the rest of the color scheme.

Arlla
        Participant

The more I look at this one the more I like it…The red and black face is just COOL. Awsome job!!

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
          -J R R Tolkien

NirvanaCat13
          Participant

ZOMFG!!!! I Can’t WAIT to show Louis! 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯

Maria
            Participant

She likes it. Well, I shall put in the last few hours, post a final picture, and pack up him and Pliny and send them over. Thank you, Nirvana. Hope Louis likes him too. Is he sort of what you imagined? Because he’s not at all what I had in mind.

NirvanaCat13
              Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

She likes it. Well, I shall put in the last few hours, post a final picture, and pack up him and Pliny and send them over. Thank you, Nirvana. Hope Louis likes him too. Is he sort of what you imagined? Because he’s not at all what I had in mind.

Not quite as I had immagined, no, I was thinking a little more sinister, but he is GORGEOUS! I think I might have to tack on a nick name of Molten Core, or Incendius. πŸ˜‰

Maria
                Participant

You do that. He’ll be very flattered.
                  How do you mean more sinister? I might make him a brother for you when I get better at this, if you can describe what you mean. For a moment I was toying with the idea of making his cat part black with fiery strips instead of vice versa like he is. Now that I look at him, i’m not sure why I didn’t, except that Pliny already has a black backside and I was worried the black would overwhelm, but it would probably have made for the sinister effect you’re looking for…
                  Aw phooey. I’ll do some different colors, get some more projects painted, and then I’ll make you a Cerberus II – named Hades or Charon or Thanatos… Dang, I can make a whole army of griffs named after and painted to match the Greek underworld. Karen! I need more griffins!

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

I think that style would look AWESOME on a red or yellow eyed PYO dragon.

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

SPark
                    Participant

drag0nfeathers wrote:

I think that style would look AWESOME on a red or yellow eyed PYO dragon.

Yes! Now if the factory would get their lazy butts in gear and give us some! *grins* (Just kidding, at least about the lazy part.)

Maria
                      Participant

I’m just waiting for them. I’ve decided I’m really going to do as many paints of Greek underworldler as I can find names for. I’ve already got Charon and Thanatos in mind…

SPark
                        Participant

That’s a fun idea! If I did a Thanatos, I’d wait till the PYO unicorn or pegasus is available, becuase I could make him as a pale horse! *grins*

Maria
                          Participant

Here’s the picture of the final product:

There are more pictures with different backgrounds here.
                            I added the stripes on the shins that drag0n suggested. The rest is just brushings here and there.
                            Mom’s first words after the final dab of paint went on were put in Cerberus’s beak, “Aren’t I a cute little puppy?”
                            She’s not far off when she says it’s not easy to make that pose look fierce. He’s really acting like a cute little beggar. Anyway, I tried, and I like him.:D
                            Nirvana, I PMed you. Now I’m trying to decide whether I should go ahead with Xerxes the Royal Griffin, paint a Thanatos, or make a mink griffin like Mom suggested…

Beautiful! You can really see the time and effort that went into him. And the bits of yellownear the eye do work really well…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.