fbpx

Ceramic fake…

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Ceramic fake…

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    frozendragon
    Participant

khat7 wrote:

I asked the seller about the age and this is the reply

“Hello, It would be, in my opinion,from that lusterware period of 30’s to 40’s. I am no expert, but that would be by feeling. Thank you for asking. Randie “

Since she has almost perfect feedback (99.7) of over 700 I doubt she is trying to mislead anybody. This may be a copy but I doubt it. Why go to so much trouble and listing fees just to get a few bucks?
      Scratching animal poses have been around a long time.
      Although many are, not everyone is a knock off. I’ve found a few myself. Don’t get me wrong, I love windstone’s and think the copyright should be protected. I just think we need to be a little more cautious before we start throwing opinions out there that might harm someones reputation. More people read these forums than you might think
      And btw it is Ugly ! πŸ˜†

if it’s that old it would have a maker mark…
      and that’s the first thing you’d picture if it was from the 30’s or 40’s..

but honestly it looks like some did a cheap ceramic and some of the paint is pealing off..

I’ve made ceramics before…and paint over fired glaze like that…can come off really easy..

it really doesn’t look old at all to me…

but it does look ugly…

Jennifer
      Keymaster

As far as I know these are more recent fakes (with cheap jobs on them that can easily lead one to look ‘vintage’ and old within a short time) that originate overseas.

I do not think that the seller is at all trying to deceive anyone- they probably just don’t know the history of the piece. Many of these end up at antique/vintage stores, because unless someone knows what Windstone is, they have no idea they are buying a piece that was knocked off from one. πŸ™‚

At the end of the day most of the fakes end up in the hands of honest people that just don’t know what they have- just like many other collectibles!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

I am getting an education on lusterware(and fakes) here πŸ˜†
        At least we all agree that it is ugly! πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.