fbpx

Ceramic fake…

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Ceramic fake…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Zelda
    Participant

A few things like this have popped up on Ebay over the years. Here’s a link to a miniature ceramic version of what’s pretty obviously a scratching dragon. Pretty ugly if you ask me!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ViNTaGe-Lusterware-GARGOYLE-good-luck-flying-dinosaur_W0QQitemZ360039318366QQihZ023QQcategoryZ3230QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The seller seems to be just someone who is selling it secondhand, not the person who made it, and they also seem to be completely unaware of the fakery.

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

Zelda
      Participant

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

Travistie
        Participant

I’ve never seen one like that before. But then again, I don’t really look for those.

Definitely a cheap knock off though. 😑

BDW
          Participant

πŸ™‚ Email it to John! The pose is from the scratching dragon! πŸ‘Ώ
            john@windstoneeditions.com

purpledragonclaw
            Participant

I like how they call it a gargoyle instead of a dragon, claiming it can bring you luck! No respect!!

Zelda wrote:

Pretty ugly if you ask me!

Looks like there must be a marsupial white dragon, and this is its joey fell out of Momma’s pouch.

I’m having freak-out nightmares here and I’m not even asleep.

Laurie
              Participant

The pictures don’t show for me πŸ˜₯

EWWWWWWWW thats just gross and icky… I cant believe the crap ppl try and sell on Ebay.

Now that’s a new (and FUGLY) one!

BDW
                Participant

purpledoggy wrote:

The pictures don’t show for me πŸ˜₯

Here you go Purpledoggy. πŸ˜€

It’s very ugly!

darjeb
                  Participant

That is a very ugly fake

Except it says vintage and looks old. Is it possible this is older than the WS scratcher?

Jodi
                    Participant

That is what I was wondering… ❓

pipsxlch
                      Participant

Somebody- Griffiness? had found and shown one of these before. Seems to me she said they turned up on UK eBay not that rarely. I’d tend to think that it’s a definate knockoff. It’s easy to call something vintage, especially when you don’t really know the provenance and think that will help you get a better price. The wearing-off paint merely says to me that it’s a cheap China paint job.
                        If they rally are more common in the UK, could they have slipped in with those small ceramics put in with tea as premiums, like Wade was I heard?

I asked the seller about the age and this is the reply

“Hello, It would be, in my opinion,from that lusterware period of 30’s to 40’s. I am no expert, but that would be by feeling. Thank you for asking. Randie “

Since she has almost perfect feedback (99.7) of over 700 I doubt she is trying to mislead anybody. This may be a copy but I doubt it. Why go to so much trouble and listing fees just to get a few bucks?
                        Scratching animal poses have been around a long time.
                        Although many are, not everyone is a knock off. I’ve found a few myself. Don’t get me wrong, I love windstone’s and think the copyright should be protected. I just think we need to be a little more cautious before we start throwing opinions out there that might harm someones reputation. More people read these forums than you might think
                        And btw it is Ugly ! πŸ˜†

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.