fbpx

Bugs in the backyard

Home Forums Miscellany Community Bugs in the backyard

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Pegasi1978
    Participant

Well I finally downloaded my banana spider pictures from my camera and I have three to share. The first picture shows both females and theie webs and then the next two is individual shots of the two females. I really like the first of the two individual shots.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/pegasi1978/livejournal/banana_spider_01.jpg
      http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/pegasi1978/livejournal/banana_spider_03.jpg

I’ve also been in touch with an entomologist who has a special interest in arachnology and he was able to confirm for me that they are harmless and beneficial spiders. I know you had said that Nam, but I had to be sure for my own piece of mind.

Jennifer
      Keymaster

pegasi1978 wrote:

I’ve also been in touch with an entomologist who has a special interest in arachnology and he was able to confirm for me that they are harmless and beneficial spiders. I know you had said that Nam, but I had to be sure for my own piece of mind.

I don’t blame you! Usually after I see a spider I think all day about it coming to get me (sigh… my one irrational fear) so I understand completely! ๐Ÿ™‚ These are the one kind of spider I do like though. ๐Ÿ™‚ I was especially happy to see her eat the aggressive spiders we had around the house.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

Bob

I really like spiders. I try not to kill them and set them free if I find them in my house

NirvanaCat13
          Participant

Hahahaha! This is a great picture! LMAO

Starbreeze
            Participant

Cool!!! What kind of spider is that???? ๐Ÿ˜€

Those banana spiders are huge. Wow.

Pegasi1978
              Participant

The spider in Cat’s picture is a banana spider just like the ones in my back yard. The North American Banana Spider is harmless. The South American one looks different and can be dangerous.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.