fbpx

Bug reporting

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback Bug reporting

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 425 total)
  • Author
    Skeeterdeee
    Participant

I’m using Internet Explorer. I was worried that my spyware might not let me order. 🙂

Stephanie
      Participant

I’ve gotten that same error a few times, but 99.9% of the time my visits are without error. I’m using Chrome.

etruscan
        Participant

I haven’t seen the error message, but the smiles definitely are not there – just the word “smile”. I’m using Firefox.

littleironhorse
          Participant

I’m getting the same error message when I use Internet Explorer, but not when I use Firefox.

Hannah
            Participant

I get it at work, on Internet Explorer, but not at home in Chrome.

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
              Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Jennifer
              Keymaster

Okay I think I have this figured out, and will let Clay know the certificate has expired. After reading into how they work, I understand why only some people are getting the error. Thank you for letting me know!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer
                Keymaster

Okay, so here is our answer from the server host:

Windstone no longer requires an SSL because our processing system uses paypal (which has their own SSL).

If you are using an old bookmark to get to the Windstone site, please update your bookmark.
                  If you are using old pages of the site somehow, don’t anymore and you shouldn’t have a problem.

You should have NO problems with orders if you ignore the SSL Certificate Warning.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

Skeeterdeee
                  Participant

I updated my bookmark and everything is back to normal! Thanks, Jen!

Hannah
                    Participant

I updated everything and I’m still getting the certificate error on many forum pages. When I get this error, all of the smileys in particular do not load. Are the smileys (or some of them) hosted on another website? This could be causing the issue for IE users maybe.

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                      Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Jennifer
                      Keymaster

I updated everything and I’m still getting the certificate error on many forum pages. When I get this error, all of the smileys in particular do not load. Are the smileys (or some of them) hosted on another website? This could be causing the issue for IE users maybe.

That’s an interesting connection. The smileys are hosted on the Windstone server, but perhaps the page is an old one. I am not sure! I will mention it.

etruscan
                        Participant

When I clicked on dunreining’s “Windstone for Sale” thread in the Flea Market I ended up in kgronski’s “Windstone Sale” thread instead!

Carolyn
                          Participant

I second that . Something is wrong with it .

Stephanie
                            Participant

I’m guessing it’s because the thread names are so similar? Since the forum gives a thread a URL address based on the thread’s subject. And it doesn’t look like the forum puts the word ‘for’ in the URL, so a thread called ‘Windstone Sale’ and ‘Windstone For Sale’ would have the same address.

Maybe. 😛

Carolyn
                              Participant

Thats weird . I’ve looked at a few and none of they others seem that way . Maybe something happened during the maintance .

Susie
                                Keymaster

My home PC, when in Microsoft Explorer 9 does not show any drop down boxes for the tabs at the top of the page (the Shop, Community, etc. tabs). My old bookmark has been cleared. In Firefox it’s fine. How many people are missing those drop down boxes and don’t realize it?

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 425 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.