fbpx

Buell XB9SX CityX

Home Forums Miscellany Community Buell XB9SX CityX

Viewing 2 posts - 61 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    pipsxlch
    Participant

Johnny-come-lately here
      I have a ’73 Harley XLCH (hence my online name in part). It can be a right bastard, it’s kick only and from not the best time in Harley’s history, but when you’re roaring down the road, wind in your face and nothing but you, the bike, the road and the sky… just have to remember how much it’s taught me (FORCED me to learn more like it) about mechanics!

I always wear a helmet and do my best to drive safe and defensive, but I’ve been almost hit and forced off the road more than once. One of the reasons I chose a Harley was that wonderful loud grumble, but if they can’t see the chrome shining I don’t know why I expected them to hear the roar. So far though (and I’ve had it about 15 years) so good. Maybe if I can get an SUV to hit me, though, and enable me to get 10,000 Windstones, all old green of course… 😈

This bike was factory 1000 CC, though now it’s bored to about 1100. It’s not too much for me, and at about 5’6 and 120 lbs. when I bought it, I’m not big. I had ridden a Nighthawk a few times, but it was too small for me.

Frozen, I’m a SUPER klutz, but I don’t have a problem keeping the bike up! Try!

Huge congrats! Ride safe!

Maria
      Participant

Thanks, pip. 😀 I’ve been riding safe. Things froze over the weekend, and today I got to see how the Buell handled the cold. It did wonderfully. The electric starter didn’t have a problem with the near-0 morning tempartures, and even with the worn-down tires that are getting changed tomorrow, it was glued to the road. I love my motorcycle.

Viewing 2 posts - 61 through 62 (of 62 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.