fbpx

Buell XB9SX CityX

Home Forums Miscellany Community Buell XB9SX CityX

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    darjeb
    Participant

In the mid-70’s before my husband died we had 750cc and 550cc Hondas. Once we took a two week vacation with 4 other friends and went approx. 4,000 miles on them. It was great fun but NEVER AGAIN, My aching rear. As I am only 5′ tall my husband had to figure out how to lower the 550 so at least my tip toes would touch ground on either side of the bike when I had to stop. I have thought about another one but here in Florida the drivers are crazy and there have been a lot of motorcycle accidents.

Purplecat
      Participant

Oh, cool! Congrats on the neat ride! πŸ˜€

frozendragon
        Participant

dragonmedley wrote:

frozendragon wrote:

dragonmedley wrote:

[

I looked around for one not too long ago….but people here want $5000 for one that isn’t even running….pfft…

dragonmedley
          Participant

They are expensive. If we sold ours (as if that would ever happen), I think we could get around 20-25K CA for it. It’s a 2000.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Brian
            Participant

Congrats πŸ™‚ I used to have a ninja but after crashing going over 100 I got rid of it. Yesterday someone in my neighborhood crashed and hurt himself bad. So I know you have heard it but be careful πŸ˜‰ . Have Fun

frozendragon
              Participant

dragonmedley wrote:

They are expensive. If we sold ours (as if that would ever happen), I think we could get around 20-25K CA for it. It’s a 2000.

hmm are we talking about a regular camaro?

Bob

OK I know I’m cutting back on posts and need to stay away from teh Forum since you gusy are costing me so much money!! heheI know I’m actually teh one spending the money but I now have my 6th motorcycle. I have had in order a Honda MB5 little 50 CC starter bike, jumped up to a Honda Nighthawk 450 and LOVEd that bike, then bought a Yamaha 600 off the corner which was a mistake since it NEVER ran correctly, then I got a Honda Nighthawk 250, then a Honda Nighthwak 750, which I got rear ended on in 1999, but wa lucky enough to walk away from with no injuries at all, didn;t have a bike fo r7 years and January 2006 I bought my current Honda ShadowAeor,(yea that is how they spell it now typo here this time) 750. I was upset I had to bring it in January 2007 for maintance and they had Honda 1100 for the same price I had paid fo rmine the year before. It might be my only transportation soon if the OT does not start soon I may have to turn in my car

frozendragon
                  Participant

hehe…I told my friend in Spain about your new bike and this is what he had to say…

” the bike ways less than 400lbs and it’s not the fastes on striang roads, but on twisty roads, is a devil, and has a great torque at low revs, and that when she has more than 2 yers of licence and she rakes of the limiter, she will wake up the sleeping dragon that she has right now.”

I told him to come have a look at the forum…so he wanted me to say that…and he said he’s going to join the forum as well….

GB has a new friend….LOL

Maria
                    Participant

πŸ˜† Awesome. I got somebody else on the forum.:D You won’t believe how hard it was to decide on the Buell. My brother and I spent hours searching the internet, debating, making lists and notes, driving off to obscure places to test drive various bikes. More spoke in favor of the Ninja, actually, but since the Buell was there and available, that’s what I’m buying. And again, if I take good care of it during the winter, it’s better as an every-day bike.
                      I tried picking up my brother’s 650, which weighs about 175-180 kg. I could do it. I’m thinking – hoping – the 205 kg of the Buell will be doable too. πŸ˜•
                      As for straight stretches, yeah, there the Ninja would have been better. But considering bike tours take to the mountains, most Swiss roads curve several times and in the city that’ll be great, I think the Buell is a good buy.

Vapordragon: I’m aware of the danger. In the car I tend to be a rather aggressive driver 😳 but believe me, I have a great respect for motorcycles. I’m still careful on them. Of course, it might change as I get to know my bike better…
                      I think it’s safer to drive motorcycles here in Europe than in the States. There’s less traffic, more bikes, slower speeds, and drivers are more used to and aware of bikers. Plus, we’re required to wear helmets when we drive, and when I do my test, I need to be wearing certified, government-approved bike boots, pants, jacket, gloves and helmet. All of which I’m buying today…

frozendragon
                      Participant

yeah…I am sure he can talk all about them….and tell you a lot of interesting things….honestly most of it is over my head….but he’s very smart and knows what he’s talking about…

Maria
                        Participant

It’d be great to talk to someone who specifically knows Buells. I found a Swiss Bikers forum and asked around there, but only a few people own them. I got good information from them, but the more the better. πŸ˜€

frozendragon
                          Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

It’d be great to talk to someone who specifically knows Buells. I found a Swiss Bikers forum and asked around there, but only a few people own them. I got good information from them, but the more the better. πŸ˜€

yes…he’s got so much more info than I can imagine…

they have a club that does rides and stuff…it’s all very interesting and makes me want to ride….but I’m so uncoordinated I’m sure I’d fall over… 😯

LOL

he said he would join later….then I’m sure you will have tons of things to discuss

Hello G. B. I’m the friend of FrozenDragon, the guy who has a buell althgouth mine is a Uly, u have done a much bette rpurchase getting a buell than a Kawa, when you learn the bike it will surprise you, and when u release those 60hp you have to keep silent for quite some time be aware of the torque of the engine, if you have any question about the bike, i’m not an expert but i know a few bits. happy riding.

Skigod377
                            Participant

Hey welcome to the forums!!

GB, I find Pit Bulls cute… I like that bike!

Maria
                              Participant

pontlee wrote:

Hello G. B. I’m the friend of FrozenDragon, the guy who has a buell althgouth mine is a Uly, u have done a much bette rpurchase getting a buell than a Kawa, when you learn the bike it will surprise you, and when u release those 60hp you have to keep silent for quite some time be aware of the torque of the engine, if you have any question about the bike, i’m not an expert but i know a few bits. happy riding.

Welcome, pontlee, and thanks! Yeah, with 84 PS (or 92, depending on source) the Buell has 2/3 the HP of a Ninja but 30% more torque.
                                I do have a question. I’m buying this bike just in time for the winter. I’ve heard it rusts easily, so I’ll make it a point to dry the thing off every evening and spray the metal with WD-40. Any other tips for winter driving? This bike will get exercised almost every day.

Ski: I didn’t say I didn’t like pitbulls! But I do think they’re ugly. πŸ˜†

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.