fbpx

BRISINGR

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

For anyone who has been waiting (and waiting) for the third book of Christopher Paolini’s Inheritance trilogy it is supposed to come out on Sept. 20 and will be titled Brisingr. I got the info off the Borders website.

I read the first book, hated the movie and have been waiting to read the second until I knew when the third was coming out. I hate waiting 2 years between books.

Purplecat
    Participant

Loved the books, hated the movie. Cant wait to see the last book!! eee!!!

twindragonsmum
      Participant

Ditto that! The movie should’ve been so much more than it was…. very dissapointing, but the books are great!

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

I hated the movie. The first book was okay. I didn’t like the second and probably won’t continue with the series but I am happy for you all that the third book is coming out soon.

Elena
        Participant

Oh yay! I was wondering whet that was coming. Thanks!

Maria
          Participant

Heh, I’ll let my brother know. The first book bored me into dropping it, and the movie was awful. But he likes them.

foxfeather wrote:

Oh yay! I was wondering whet that was coming. Thanks!

Your welcome. I always like knowing when the next book in a series is coming out. πŸ˜€

Oh man… he’s calling it “Brisingr”? Really? And just when I thought people couldn’t make any MORE fun of him… (much love for the series, of course, don’t get me wrong!).

Purplecat
            Participant

people are making fun of him??? πŸ˜• what for?

Stephanie
              Participant

I actually enjoyed the movie. Sure, they left a lot out, but they had to. I’ve seen much worse adaptations from book to film. πŸ™‚

September? I’ll be there!

Jennifer
                Keymaster

purplecat wrote:

Mostly, for these reasons. πŸ˜†
                  http://www.anti-shurtugal.com/wordpress/?page_id=11

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer wrote:

purplecat wrote:

They are certainly entitled to their opinion. I have to wonder though what drives a person to work so hard and spend so much time tearing apart someone else’s work and proving all the “flaws” as they see them. πŸ˜•
                  Good grief it’s a work of fiction obviously enjoyed by thousands. Give it a rest. Those of us who enjoy that type of thing will continue to do so while he/she wallows in their criticism. As for the writing skills , well I’m sure he did better than I could!
                  πŸ˜†

Stephanie
                  Participant

He really came into his own in the second book. The first one was a little flat, I think. But he was, what 18? I wish I’d written a novel when I was 18!

Purplecat
                    Participant

khat7 wrote:

Jennifer wrote:

purplecat wrote:

They are certainly entitled to their opinion. I have to wonder though what drives a person to work so hard and spend so much time tearing apart someone else’s work and proving all the “flaws” as they see them. πŸ˜•
                      Good grief it’s a work of fiction obviously enjoyed by thousands. Give it a rest. Those of us who enjoy that type of thing will continue to do so while he/she wallows in their criticism. As for the writing skills , well I’m sure he did better than I could!
                      πŸ˜†

Well said. I didnt read the book for exact accuracy, I read it for the pleasure of reading, and I feel he did a good job with the story.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.