fbpx

Black Gold Orientals

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Black Gold Orientals

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    WolfenMachine
    Participant

Melody, would you consider having some Black Gold (like the production color) oriental dragons painted for the store? I wrote an email to Pam suggesting that she suggest it to you, but I wanted to openly ask here too, to see how many other forum members would like to have one. Personally I’m salivating just imagining them :love:

Lupuslunae
      Participant

I’m not a huge fan of the black gold color, which is odd since I love dark colors and metallics. But BG orientals…that does sound amazing. The color scheme seems like it would look beautiful and fitting on orientals. So I shall add my squeak to yours /squeeeeaaakkk!!!

PurpleTurtle
        Participant

I’ll ‘squeak’ for BG oriental dragons as well. I think the color would look stunning on all of them.

Kujacker
          Participant

Yes please. Black gold is my favorite production color. I have every sculpt in BG (except the riser atm) and would LOVE to see black gold production orientals.

lamortefille
            Participant

I think BG orientals would be beautiful. I would prefer a different eye color, though…maybe have a choice of two, like the CPs.

dragonmedley
              Participant

I’m curious! I like the BG, but not on all sculpts, though. Some wear it better than others.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Wampus Dragon
                Participant

I would love BG on Orientals, but I have to say I would prefer red eyes on the color in general! Like that Black Violet male on ebay right now.

And while we are squeaking, Black Violet for Orientals too?

dragonmedley
                  Participant

I would love BG on Orientals, but I have to say I would prefer red eyes on the color in general! Like that Black Violet male on ebay right now.

But see, on the Black Violet, I would have gone with straw/yellow eyes to match the gold hightlights or even purple/lavender eyes, not red.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                    I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Kujacker
                    Participant

Well, I agree on the eye color. I hate the blue eyes on the black golds with a fiery passion. They are just so off. But if I got a black gold oriental, I’d have to pick my battles. IF a different eye color was possible, please by all means (red? purple?) but if they end up having the blue eyes, I won’t complain.

Melody
                      Keymaster

Oh, I’d love to paint them in Black Gold! I look forward to painting them in all sorts of colors.IF we can cast them well enough to do production again.
                        I will have to see what colors we have already done them in. I only remember Ruby, Jade, Emerald and Peacock. Did we ever do Orientals in White or Gold?
                        I probably won’t give them blue eyes. That just happened because the prototype Old Warriors that I first repainted in Black gold had the blue eyes already glued in, so I stayed with that color.

I have listened to some LOUD rants about how we should NEVER give red eyes to Oriental dragons! Apparently, red eyes are a sign of evil in Eastern mythology , and the Oriental dragon is never evil.
                        Western dragons, sure.

PurpleTurtle
                        Participant

I have to agree with the blue eyes – ick. I love the BG color, but always thought the blue eyes looked off. I always hoped they would have chosen violet or straw for them. Still, it’s an evil I’d be willing to deal with if they ever made BG oriental dragons :).

drag0nfeathers
                          Participant

Oh, I’d love to paint them in Black Gold! I look forward to painting them in all sorts of colors.IF we can cast them well enough to do production again.
                            I will have to see what colors we have already done them in. I only remember Ruby, Jade, Emerald and Peacock. Did we ever do Orientals in White or Gold?
                            I probably won’t give them blue eyes. That just happened because the prototype Old Warriors that I first repainted in Black gold had the blue eyes already glued in, so I stayed with that color.

I have listened to some LOUD rants about how we should NEVER give red eyes to Oriental dragons! Apparently, red eyes are a sign of evil in Eastern mythology , and the Oriental dragon is never evil.
                            Western dragons, sure.

LOL! We have ben squeaking for white for years now Melody XD

Got a busted Windstone?
                            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                            Siphlophis Male Dragon
                            Calypso Hatching Empress
                            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                            Tattoo Mother Kirin
                            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

scenceable
                            Participant

White, gold, silver or pink for the orientals would be awesome. Black gold would be cool! I think metallic yellow would look nice for the eyes. I don’t like red eyes much.

Western dragons, sure.

Personally I don’t like red eyes because they always look evil to me! But I didn’t know that was part of the Eastern mythology. I think it is great that you have respected the mythology when it comes to this issue although I suppose if I loved red eyes I would have a different opinion 😉 Probably not, though – I try very hard to respect other people’s beliefs even if (or especially if) I don’t share them.

Wampus Dragon
                              Participant

Emerald and ruby orientals have red eyes, just sayin’!

I could stand for almost any color except blue on BG though. The reason I DONT own many of that color is because of that!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.