Black Gold Orientals

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Black Gold Orientals

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Christine
    Participant

I love all Oriental Dragons. 🙂 I’ve been waiting and waiting for the Adult Amethyst ones to be restocked too. They NEVER come up on the secondary market. Ever.

Illith
      Participant

I’m not usually one to squeek, because honestly, I find it a bit rude …
        BUT YES PLEASE BLACK GOLD ORIENTALS!

Kujacker
        Participant

Did we ever do Orientals in White or Gold?

I have listened to some LOUD rants about how we should NEVER give red eyes to Oriental dragons! Apparently, red eyes are a sign of evil in Eastern mythology , and the Oriental dragon is never evil.
          Western dragons, sure.

If that’s the case with the red eyes, never paint an oriental white. If I remember correctly, in asia white is a very unlucky color and/or the color of mourning, so to paint an oriental white would be terrible if you’re trying to be respectful.

Which is fine by me. White = least favorite of all production colors

Arlla
          Participant

OMG ANY color oriental PLEASE! 😀 (though white OR gold would make me particularly happy)

How are those new molds working out?????

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
            -J R R Tolkien

Christine
            Participant

I have listened to some LOUD rants about how we should NEVER give red eyes to Oriental dragons! Apparently, red eyes are a sign of evil in Eastern mythology , and the Oriental dragon is never evil.
              Western dragons, sure.

If that’s the case with the red eyes, never paint an oriental white. If I remember correctly, in asia white is a very unlucky color and/or the color of mourning, so to paint an oriental white would be terrible if you’re trying to be respectful.

My uncle married a Japanese woman whose parents insisted on a lavish, VERY very traditional Japanese wedding….. they both wore white Kimonos. ??

WolfenMachine
              Participant

Personally, Black Gold is one of my favorite, if not my favorite production color, and I love the blue eyes in them. But thats just me. I think it makes the black look cool (as in temperature) and brings out the violet on their wings.

Olympia did “Pearl Gold” sun dragons, but they had dichroic eyes. It was/is a beautiful color, I wouldn’t mind something similar on the rest of the oriental dragon family.

Kujacker
                Participant

Western dragons, sure.

My uncle married a Japanese woman whose parents insisted on a lavish, VERY very traditional Japanese wedding….. they both wore white Kimonos. ??

I’m sure with more time I could find more, but here is a quick search
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_in_Chinese_culture#White.2FSilver

“White is also the color of mourning. Unlike the Western meanings of purity, chastity, holiness and cleanliness, white is associated with death and is used predominantly in funerals in Chinese culture. Ancient Chinese people wore white clothes and hats only when they mourned for the dead. Sometimes silver takes its place, as silver is often offered to the deceased in the form of joss paper.”
                  This reads as Chinese, but it apparently applies to Japanese as well as what I’ve read.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White
                  “In Japanese weddings, white is to symbolize the “death” of their former family and their introduction into their new family.”

Pam

regular orientals were only done in jade and peacock.

oriental suns and young orientals were done in jade, peacock, and ruby.

Chuuya
                    Participant

Western dragons, sure.

I think the red eyes look the best! I’m wanting to get the Copper Patina Orientals, but this set had turquoise eyes, which I thought blended too much with the coloring on the Orientals. But I saw pictures of the previous batch with red eyes, and they are BEAUTIFUL! Please do another more with red eyes!

Pam

Melody, why don’t we just start making the Black Gold’s with red eyes? LP items sometimes come with more than one eye color.

yolanda
                        Participant

I dont care for red eyes but that is just my opinion. I think a purple eye would look great ! & i didnt care much for the blue either. Litterally im not fond of red period but blue i do like certain shades that have been used especially metallic .

briteblades
                          Participant

According to the wiki article, white also means “corresponding with metal, represents gold and symbolizes brightness, purity, and fulfillment”. I think an oriental dragon in white would be gorgeous with gold accents. Could be the yang to the black gold dragon’s yin ;3

moonbeam
                            Participant

Melody, why don’t we just start making the Black Gold’s with red eyes? LP items sometimes come with more than one eye color.

I like the blue eyes on the BG Dragons very much but I´m not so much a fan of red eyes (except on the Albinos). Maybe you could offer them with blue eyes also? Like the red and teal eye-versions of the copper patinas?
                              If the blue eyes are not so popular with most people here, you could only make a small batch of them and a larger one with red eyes :bigsmile:

lamortefille
                              Participant

Ok, who’s handy with photoshop and can show us some examples w/different color eyes? Pretty please….;)

moonbeam
                                Participant

Your wish is my command 🙂

Any other colors I should try?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.