fbpx

Black Female Griffins are in the Store!

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Black Female Griffins are in the Store!

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Melody wrote:

SilverArrow wrote:

mmloda wrote:

Jasmine wrote:

That would probably be me…I’m sorry but it just looks to me like she has a pimple at the end of her beak. *ducks for cover*.

Hey…Everyone is entitled to their own opinions…just because you don’t really like it….it does not mean that others won’t…so it all works out in the end beacuse everyone gets what they want…. πŸ˜†

Very true. I will say that the dark tips don’t photograph well, but I really like them in person (on my white family). I think this one will be grand either way. I do admit I like the black peacock female over the tan one (but I don’t like the black peacock male). If I can afford it, I might make my tan male part of a mixed family. I also agree with other that the chicks should be very cute.

As a side note, I hope they follow the feather line better on the second batch. The pic for this one looks like the painters just sprayed a diagonal line on the wings for the purple and blue. πŸ˜•I checked the sample I have and the blue/black transition on the wings isn’t nearly as noticeable in real life as it appears in the photo. You can hardly see it on this one, anyway. I did fix the paint sample so that the blue follows the feather edge better. This means the next batch will have slightly less blue on the wings.

Great! (Now I just have to find the funds.) I didn’t take into account the color on the wings wouldn’t photograph true. I had been comparing pics of the male and the feather line was followed, so that was why I thought it was a little off. My bad. 😳

Melody
      Keymaster

The first batch of everything will often have some bugs to work out! But this way, the very first ones issued will be distinguishable from the rest of the crowd!

The antique road show; year 2100: “Ahh yes!You have the rare, Freaky-Eyed Spectral…a first edition… very rare!”

Barbara
        Participant

Melody wrote:

The first batch of everything will often have some bugs to work out! But this way, the very first ones issued will be distinguishable from the rest of the crowd!

The antique road show; year 2100: “Ahh yes!You have the rare, Freaky-Eyed Spectral…a first edition… very rare!”
          Too funny!!

Jasmine
          Participant

Hum…maybe I shouldn’t have changed my mind…too late. πŸ˜•

Tyrrlin
            Participant

I grabbed a brown-nosed female when Susie said they would be the only ones. πŸ™‚ I LOVE rare stuff.

And did the male black sunsets come out? I must’ve missed him…like I missed a bunch of stuff the last two months. πŸ˜›

Windstone collector in remission. πŸ˜‰

Pegasi1978
              Participant

Tyrrlin wrote:

I grabbed a brown-nosed female when Susie said they would be the only ones. πŸ™‚ I LOVE rare stuff.

And did the male black sunsets come out? I must’ve missed him…like I missed a bunch of stuff the last two months. πŸ˜›
                Black Sunset males haven’t come out yet. The only one that is out is the one that the forum members (coordinated by Nambroth) connived to get for Phoenix Tears.

keschete
                Participant

Melody wrote:

Hehehehehe!! Love it! I missed out on those Freaky-Eyed Spectrals but I have Red Flame, Violet Flame I and Violet Flame II Curls…hehehehe! Some of us actually like the OOOPSS’s. I know I do.

Tell Your Staff…I am sure I will love my Dark Beaked Black Griffin!!!!!

Tyrrlin
                  Participant

Awrrr…that’s awesome! πŸ™‚

Windstone collector in remission. πŸ˜‰

Lokie
                    Participant

SilverArrow wrote:

I will say that the dark tips don’t photograph well, but I really like them in person (on my white family).

I really love the darker tipped beaks on the pearl chicks (I haven’t seen the adults in person), but I don’t like it on the wolf color scheme. Did they use a much darker color for the wolf color scheme than what they used on the pearl chick’s beak πŸ˜•

Participant

Lokie wrote:

SilverArrow wrote:

I will say that the dark tips don’t photograph well, but I really like them in person (on my white family).

I really love the darker tipped beaks on the pearl chicks (I haven’t seen the adults in person), but I don’t like it on the wolf color scheme. Did they use a much darker color for the wolf color scheme than what they used on the pearl chick’s beak πŸ˜•

I think it was a matter of how much of the beak was colored rather than the color. I will check tonight when I get home, but I thought the color was the same for both the chicks and parents.

Oh, I like the oopsies but I jsut wanted ehr without the brown tipped nose. But, since some of us changed our minds it gave others the chance to get one. πŸ˜€

Oh wow, you guys watch the Antiques Roadshow? Thats amazing!

Purplecat
                        Participant

Hehe…I prefer the dark-tipped nose on the griffins too. πŸ˜€

Lokie
                          Participant

SilverArrow wrote:

Lokie wrote:

SilverArrow wrote:

I think it was a matter of how much of the beak was colored rather than the color. I will check tonight when I get home, but I thought the color was the same for both the chicks and parents.
                            Ah, OK, that makes sense. TY for the info. I hadn’t seen the pearl parents in person, just in photos, but my pearl gryphon chick seemed to have a pretty light tip.

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.